Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2016 11:35:12 AM EDT
Anyone try the swap?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Same gun, only difference is the sights. A PT99 has adjustable and the 92 are fixed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, that’s nuthin’. I scored a PT-92 upper (slide, barrel, lock block, recoil spring) to use on my PT-101 (.40 S&W). Works 100% correct, saves me a buncha $$$ on ammo, and the recoil is a lot less.

EDIT: Sorry, that came off a bit glib. Allow me to elaborate…

My point is, the frames are all compatible with all the Beretta-clone models, even in different calibers. In your case, the only diff is the rear sight, so yes, it’s fully compatible.

One thing though: that adjustable rear sight isn’t the sturdiest design. If you’re a competitor, it might be a slight advantage, but if this is a gun you rely on for the safety of yourself or others, I’d suggest you stick with the fixed PT-92/PT-100 sights.

(In my case, I bought the PT-101 over the PT-100 specifically for the adjustable sights. Took it to the range, screwdriver in hand to tune the sights. Shot a group @ 25yds off a rest, and… dead on. Shot a bunch offhand at 25yds… dead on. Haven’t touched the dang things now in 25 years.

As for the new PT-92 upper, I took it to the range and did the same drill… dead on. YMMV.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top