Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:49:11 PM EDT
Specifically the PT140 and PT111 versions.  I've pretty well decided to go the "warranty" route with my pistols, but I want to know whether I'll have to buy new extra magazines too.

I've also read that Sig P226 magazines work in the Taurus Millenium guns, but all of these reports have been regarding the 9mm version.  Does anyone have experience with using Sig magazines in a .40 Taurus Millenium Pro?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have verified that SIG 226 mags will latch in a Taurus PT 111 9x19mm.  Haven't seen one feed yet.  Can't verify anything about the .40".
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on the fence as to whether to return my PT140Pro for "warranty repair" (in other words, replacement because of the class action suit), and I have received mixed information on whether my current magazines will work with a PT140Pro G2.  I may just find a used .40 caliber 226 mag and test it out.

Now I just need to hear from the legal eagles who are handling things for Taurus so I can finally decide which way to go.  I'm only moderately worried about having mine fire because I drop it, but the G2s have a "less challenging" takedown method than the originals, which is a nice thing too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on the fence as to whether to return my PT140Pro for "warranty repair" (in other words, replacement because of the class action suit), and I have received mixed information on whether my current magazines will work with a PT140Pro G2.  I may just find a used .40 caliber 226 mag and test it out.

Now I just need to hear from the legal eagles who are handling things for Taurus so I can finally decide which way to go.  I'm only moderately worried about having mine fire because I drop it, but the G2s have a "less challenging" takedown method than the originals, which is a nice thing too.
View Quote

Given the Brazilian police video, I wouldn't be worried about a Gen 1 Taurus firing if I dropped it.  I'd be worried about it going off if I was jogging w/ it.  Hamdiallah, I have heard no such reports about the Gen 2.  Now all we have to worry about is the millions of Remington 700s out there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have verified that SIG 226 mags will latch in a Taurus PT 111 9x19mm.  Haven't seen one feed yet.  Can't verify anything about the .40".
View Quote

They feed fine and will even lock back on empty.  

eta: referring to the 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I have verified that SIG 226 mags will latch in a Taurus PT 111 9x19mm.  Haven't seen one feed yet.  Can't verify anything about the .40".

Thanks - that would be a big deal if we had any 111s left in stock, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top