User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2016 11:59:27 PM EDT
I own 8 handguns:

- Glocks
- CZ P-07
- Walther
- S&Ws
- Canik (TP9SA)

Never thought much about getting a Taurus in the past due to the hit or miss reputation I had heard about.  But despite that, I had this strange 'urge' to get a big, blingy-looking Taurus pistol.  I have no idea why.  Just a "what the heck" lark.

Went to 3 shops today just to see what might be currently available, didn't find much (even Cabelas didn't have a PT111).  After dinner decided to run out to try Academy.  They had a few Taurus handguns, including the PT111 / Millennium G2, so I asked to take a look at it.  I have to say, when I put it in my hand, I LOVED how it felt.  I left the gun counter and called my local range and asked if they had a test fire in that model - they didn't.  This particular gun had a good reputation and it felt so stinkin' good in my hand, so I decided to go ahead and make the purchase.  

I immediately drove to the range to put 50 rounds through it.  All fired, no problem.  Gun was very accurate, which was a relief....I had made a couple of purchases in the past of pistols that were highly accurate when I shot the test-fire models at the range, but when I purchased a new one, things were different (Baby Eagle comes to mind).  Anyway, the PT111 shot exactly where I aimed.  Felt great.

Only problem:  mags are tight, could only get 11 in one and 10 in the other...but that's nothing new with any manufacturer.  This was

I did also notice that unlike my Glocks, you can dry fire over and over in double action without re-cocking the striker.  I assume this is because of the 2nd strike feature that allows you to pull the trigger again (correct?).  I read through the manual and didn't see anything about this, other than the description of the 2nd strike feature.

I still kind of want to find some old, big, blingy Taurus, just for fun, but I'm REALLY pleased with the first one I bought.  I really like the PT111's size - bigger than my Glock 42, but smaller than my other semi-autos.  I'll be looking for a holster very soon.  If it goes a couple of hundred more rounds as well as the first 50, it will go in the carry rotation.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
All metal framed guns. They are out there but hard to find and semi $$$

PT945

PT92

PT911
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep!   Cool pics - thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top