Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2015 3:00:44 PM EDT
This Taurus now has approx 800 rds through it  (or maybe 1000 not sure).
This may be trivial by our standards but by the standards of the average handgun owner it's a lifetime of shooting and its been remarkably accurate pleasant shooting and reliable

Trigger pull is long but smooth.
Pistol features a loaded chamber indicator.

At first I felt this was a bit of  a gimmick but now I really like that feature

The only fault I did find with the gun was that sometimes, maybe 1 out of 4 when you insert a mag on reload with open slide the pistol will not properly chamber a round and the slide will get stopped and you need to pull, rack, reinsert.

This issue can be entirely eliminated by holding the gun flat on its side instead of upright when reinserting the mag on a reload.
Weird.

I own 4 of these pistols and am uncertain if just one of them does that or if its 2. (one of the 4 is stored unfired and another 1 is cached fired/zeroed, in other words I maintain 2 "shooters")
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Not seeing it.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not seeing it.....
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what aren't you seeing?

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
OP:  The malfunction you mention usually is due to using ammo that your particular pistol doesn't like or a bad mag.  If it fails to feed  FMJ ammo 100% it's probably the mag.  If it does feed FMJ's 100% you just need to try different JHP's to find one that your pistol likes.  And it helps to mark your mags so you will know which ones are 100% and which one(s) are not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top