Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2015 6:40:49 PM EDT
I recently purchased a 922 revolver with the interchange cylinder to shoot 22LR and 22Mag.  After shooting about 500 rounds of shooting 22LR I pulled the trigger and the gun went off, single action shooting, and there was a load bang and I was hit with 22 shrapnel in the right cheek cutting it open.  I immediately stopped shooting to look at the gun.  I was very glad I had shooting glasses on or the result would have probably been very different.  The cut was about one inch long and not too deep so a cleaning and a something to cover it was good.  Anyway,  there was a lot of lead around the barrel cylinder gap.  It appears the gun fired with the cylinder not fully locked or properly aligned with the barrel.  I called Taurus and sent the gun in.  They informed me it would be about 6 weeks before they would get to it.  OK, so after 6 weeks no word and I call them.  They say the gun could not be repaired and that they would be sending me a new gun.  They sounded like they thought they were making me a deal.....    I sent them a new gun ....  they were not helpful and  indifferent about the whole thing.   So now two weeks later I call to find out what is going on and they say the same crap but that they don't know when they will ship out since they have none to ship !!    I asked for my money back and had enough of the whole situation since they acted the same on the phone again. No refunds since I didn't buy it directly from them.   I'm very angry.  They are indifferent about the situation and I'm sad to say the worst firearm experience I've ever had.

If you are thinking about a 922 don't buy it.  All the reviews are true about the gun.  Product support is also horrible.  No comparison to ruger or Remington.  

If anyone has a suggestion on how to proceed other than just wait till they get around to me I'm open

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you are ok.

As far as the gun, two options

Wait for Taurus to get off their butts, and fix your gun (this may take 3-5 tries) and either keep shooting it, or sell it

Or

Destroy it, or get some cash back from a gun buy back

Ive delt with Taurus cs, and i would ditch the gun, not worth the hassle of dealing with Taurus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top