User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well we're about a month and a half away from what I hope is the final settlement date. I'm hoping I can just swap my PT145 for whatever the equivalent G2 model would be.

It looks like the PT 24/7 G2 in 45 ACP would be the closest thing in the same caliber. (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=758&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=)

If not that, then I wouldn't mind getting a Millennium G2 in 9mm. (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=872&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=MP1)
View Quote

You might not be as happy with the G2 trigger.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well we're about a month and a half away from what I hope is the final settlement date. I'm hoping I can just swap my PT145 for whatever the equivalent G2 model would be.

It looks like the PT 24/7 G2 in 45 ACP would be the closest thing in the same caliber. (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=758&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=)

If not that, then I wouldn't mind getting a Millennium G2 in 9mm. (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=872&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=MP1)

Can't complain if they're going to give me a free pistol for sending in my defunct one. It'll be my truck gun so I just need it to go bang.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Can't complain if they're going to give me a free pistol for sending in my defunct one. It'll be my truck gun so I just need it to go bang.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm waiting on the final settlement too, and I've got the PT145, also. I'm gonna try like hell to talk em out of a PT1911, or a PT92! I'll probably have to settle for a 24/7, but I'm gonna give it a shot, anyway. All they can say is no, you either have to take a 24/7, or a G2 in another caliber.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Reminder that today is the last date.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they starting to accept returns for new guns yet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The main page for the settlement, https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/, has yet to be updated.

What bothers me is that, initially, that page had a way to print off a prepaid shipping label so you could send in the pistol to Taurus under the "enhanced warranty". It seems they removed that option at one point, at the same time that Taurus customer service stopped accepting send-ins and referred everyone to the website.

Supposedly some guy over at TaurusArmed forums called Taurus CS and rather than getting a new gun, they seem to have developed a part that fixes the safety problem on the 1st gen pistols. He was absolutely pissed because this entire time the settlement administrator and even Taurus has claimed that no part fix was available. The guy sold off all his gun accessories (mags, holsters, etc.. worth a few hundred), so if Taurus sends back his fixed gun then he's SOL.

I would be in the same boat. I sold my PT145 mags because they were still fetching like-new prices for used mags. All I have left is a defunct pistol that I pray will be replaced. If it turns out that Taurus does have a part fix, I'll have to wait probably ANOTHER YEAR to get the cash settlement (which they can only determine once everyone has sent in their guns for a cash buyback).

This PT145 was my first handgun purchase. Paid around $320 at Academy and put a few thousand through it with no problems. I don't regret starting with Taurus, but even if they do me good via the settlement, I'll never buy anything from them again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
dammit I missed it :(
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called Taurus on Thursday the 28th, and they said you have to go through the Heffler claims website. The lawsuit website explains the Enhanced Warranty, but it doesn't have a link to click on to get a shipping label. So I finally called the phone number on the lawsuit website, and talked to a lady. She told me that the July 18th hearing was done, and they were waiting for the Judges final opinion. She said it would take a few weeks, but they would be updating their website, and there will be instructions on how to get a shipping label to send your pistol back to Taurus.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I originally bought my 24/7 OSS Tactical as more of a collector piece as it was one of the pistol designs being considered for adoption by SOCOM.  It generally sees range use and plinking around the farm.  I've tried to get it to fire with the safety on and I've used a primed case dropping it on the muzzle and butt from shoulder height and no primer popped.  Oh, and I also shook it for several minutes and again, nothing.  I am thinking that for me, it's not an issue and am going to pass on sending it back in.  Might have a rare bird one of these days that survived a recall only to be replaced by a pistol that I wouldn't care to own in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I originally bought my 24/7 OSS Tactical as more of a collector piece as it was one of the pistol designs being considered for adoption by SOCOM.  It generally sees range use and plinking around the farm.  I've tried to get it to fire with the safety on and I've used a primed case dropping it on the muzzle and butt from shoulder height and no primer popped.  Oh, and I also shook it for several minutes and again, nothing.  I am thinking that for me, it's not an issue and am going to pass on sending it back in.  Might have a rare bird one of these days that survived a recall only to be replaced by a pistol that I wouldn't care to own in the first place.
View Quote

Try this:

Empty the gun, make it safe.

Rack the slide to cock the striker and release the slide forward.

Pull back the trigger about halfway (don't drop the striker though), and while holding it at that position, engage the thumb safety.

The thumb safety should engage. Release the trigger.

You should now be able to pull back on the trigger and release the striker.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Try this:

Pull back the trigger about halfway (don't drop the striker though), and while holding it at that position, engage the thumb safety.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this:

Never heard of that one before and no idea why one would try to do that in the first place but just to try something different, I just tried that test and nope, no striker dropping either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Try this:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this:

Tried that on my PT-145 Pro.  No go.    I do notice though you can effect the trigger depending on where you have the trigger when engaging the thumb safety.

However if I pull the trigger with the striker already dropped(double action pull) and engage the safety prior to striker release and engage the safety it is basically non functional(the safety) at this point.   I can either continue the pull the trigger and it will fire or release the trigger forward however it will not fully reset forward.

So what I see with my gun is with the striker already engaged/cocked the thumb safety seems to work no matter the trigger position.  With the striker not loaded however the trigger appears to affect the functionality of the thumb safety.

I'm not sure this is an actual malfunction or just a limitation of engaging the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never heard of that one before and no idea why one would try to do that in the first place but just to try something different, I just tried that test and nope, no striker dropping either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this:

Oddly enough I found out about it here. Some guy in GD posted about how his friend shot himself in the leg because he did exactly this.

If you want to try it again, see if you can find the point in the initial slack of the trigger where you can engage the safety. Since the "double strike" feature of Taurus gives it so much of an initial takeup, somewhere in there is where the fault is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope, still won't do it.  However, I did see that the safety lever doesn't come all the way up and part of the red dot is still visible.  Now on my 24/7, the trigger will bottom out against the frame and not discharge.  However, I have a Beretta 84F that does something like you describe.  If you press the decocker up, the hammer will stay back while you feel a slight click in the decocking lever.  However, it's not a manual safety and if you press the trigger it will go off.  This is why Beretta came out with the FS models that corrected that problem.  But still, I can't see myself in the scenario of pulling the trigger half ways back then putting the safety on like you had mentioned that this would even be an issue.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a very bad experience with a Taurus .22 revolver once.  It was truly a piece of shit and had to go back to them 3 times before they replaced it.  That company is fucking garbage.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Settlement website has been updated to reflect the "Fairness Hearing for the Settlement" held on 7/18/2016.
One appeal has been filed with others possible.  The claims period cannot begin until the appeal(s) have been concluded.

It'll be another year until this thing is over.  The site also states that if Taurus develops a repair, it can repair rather than replace Class Pistols.  The appeals process will provide more time for development of a repair, so this is very much in favor of Taurus.
My 24/7 has been in 'Jail' since the first of the year; Taurus is unable to repair or return until the class action runs it course.
This is the type of customer service that will absolutely tarnish a company's reputation, and is very challenging to repair.  This will be my last Taurus and I will not ever recommend anything Taurus to anyone in the future.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Settlement website has been updated to reflect the "Fairness Hearing for the Settlement" held on 7/18/2016.

One appeal has been filed with others possible.  The claims period cannot begin until the appeal(s) have been concluded.

https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

It'll be another year until this thing is over.  The site also states that if Taurus develops a repair, it can repair rather than replace Class Pistols.  The appeals process will provide more time for development of a repair, so this is very much in favor of Taurus.

My 24/7 has been in 'Jail' since the first of the year; Taurus is unable to repair or return until the class action runs it course.

This is the type of customer service that will absolutely tarnish a company's reputation, and is very challenging to repair.  This will be my last Taurus and I will not ever recommend anything Taurus to anyone in the future.

View Quote

The way Taurus has handled this recall should recall put them out of business. They really don't offer much of a product to the market, and their service is abysmal.

But all the fuddy duddys who want their Judge revolvers will keep them in business. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#20]
just made the call to customer service  asking what the heck is going on  

they  sent me a letter stating we have your pistols . ( 3 )   dated Oct of 2015..  ZERO  communication from them at all. since that letter.

was basically told ... we cant tell you anything .. go to the web site ....  

yeah not a happy camper

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Taurus has had my PT145 for 1 year.
- I called about 9 months ago (multiple calls over several months) and was told multiple times my PT145 was unable to be repaired and that it would take months, but they would be sending me a new .45.
- This week, I contacted them again and they said they are waiting to determine if my PT145 is repairable. I explained that was impossible as they already advised me it was not repairable and they would be replacing it.  I was advised no further information was available.  I requested a personal call back from a Supv and was told to expect that call within 24 to 48 hours....still waiting 3 days later.  

I will never own another Taurus.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
- I called about 9 months ago (multiple calls over several months) and was told multiple times my PT145 was unable to be repaired and that it would take months, but they would be sending me a new .45.
- This week, I contacted them again and they said they are waiting to determine if my PT145 is repairable. I explained that was impossible as they already advised me it was not repairable and they would be replacing it.  I was advised no further information was available.  I requested a personal call back from a Supv and was told to expect that call within 24 to 48 hours....still waiting 3 days later.  

View Quote

Question?  Did your PT-145 have an issue?     FYI there was not actually a recall until very recently.   Those who chose to send in their guns before an actual recall were basically hedging their bets.

I'm willing to bet there are 10's of thousands of Taurus's out there that do not have this issue.

I have a PT-145 that seems to be working okay for me.  I'm not going to drop test it to see if I can duplicate the issue however.   I understand the risk(s) involved though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Question?  Did your PT-145 have an issue?     FYI there was not actually a recall until very recently.   Those who chose to send in their guns before an actual recall were basically hedging their bets.

I'm willing to bet there are 10's of thousands of Taurus's out there that do not have this issue.

I have a PT-145 that seems to be working okay for me.  I'm not going to drop test it to see if I can duplicate the issue however.   I understand the risk(s) involved though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent it in not because I had identified an issue, but because I had a nagging concern that once I'm gone, my son, who would inherit, might get a defective weapon thatcould cause injury. Per Taurus, mine was defective and required replacement.
UPDATE: I received a call back from Taurus today.  The supervisor said they have received a massive shipment of parts that may be used to repair vs. replace.  They will not know if these parts will work in my specific PT145 until it is re-examined for repairs.  The supv advised it will take an additional 6 to 8 months before they know if my PT145 will now be repaired or will be replaced.  I expressed my preference would be to repair and return my PT145 as I truly love the gun, however, I asked that if they are unable to repair, that they consider a 9mm G2 replacment instead of a .45 - Supv said they will note that request, but will make no promises.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I sent it in not because I had identified an issue, but because I had a nagging concern that once I'm gone, my son, who would inherit, might get a defective weapon thatcould cause injury. Per Taurus, mine was defective and required replacement.
UPDATE: I received a call back from Taurus today.  The supervisor said they have received a massive shipment of parts that may be used to repair vs. replace.  They will not know if these parts will work in my specific PT145 until it is re-examined for repairs.  The supv advised it will take an additional 6 to 8 months before they know if my PT145 will now be repaired or will be replaced.  I expressed my preference would be to repair and return my PT145 as I truly love the gun, however, I asked that if they are unable to repair, that they consider a 9mm G2 replacment instead of a .45 - Supv said they will note that request, but will make no promises.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.   I think I'd ask them to send me the parts.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#25]
If you're curious what the status is on the lawsuit:

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2e0g2pj3y/florida-southern-district-court/carter-v-forjas-taurus-sa-et-al/

If you are curious why they haven't closed the damn thing yet, there appear to be 3 individuals who are filing for appeals:

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/download.html?id=238505241&z=7f9eba81

Meritless appeals filed by Objectors Scheffler [DE 199], Glaviano [DE 206], and Jordan
[DE 208] may substantially delay the settlement approved by this Court on July 22, 2016. While
those appeals are pending, hundreds of thousands of dangerously defective pistols will remain in
homes and on the market, and class members will not receive compensation for their losses.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#26]
anyone have any updates ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
anyone have any updates ?
View Quote

There's nothing. Fuck Taurus.

At this time I'm also seeing reports that they don't have anything to replace for anyone who sent in a PT145 45ACP. You can only get back a 9 or 40 replacement pistol.

I'm just going to forget about this until next summer.

Also, something interesting..

So there are 3 individuals whose appeals are holding up this settlement from finishing. One of them is this guy who is a real piece of work according to public records. He seems to be a leech on the legal system and is listed as the appellant on a bunch of cases:

https://www.docketalarm.com/search/?q=&fname_q_search_within=Searching+within+CBM2015-00110&page=2&f=party_exact-Troy+Kenneth+Scheffler

If you can stand reading through legal documents, the stories are pretty entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#28]
A friend who isn't a shooter cam by to shoot a bit the other day.
She had bought a PT111G3. I cannot believe a trigger can be so bad on a modern (or any) pistol.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A friend who isn't a shooter cam by to shoot a bit the other day.
She had bought a PT111G3. I cannot believe a trigger can be so bad on a modern (or any) pistol.
View Quote

This is confusing.   Is it a new PT-111?  PT-111 G2 to be exact.   I ask because the new ones are G2 not G3.    Also there is a difference in the earlier model PT series between Generation(not to be confused with G2) 1, 2 and 3.   The Gen 3 trigger is the DA/SA trigger.   The newer G2 models also have the DA/SA trigger.

I have an older model PT-145 Pro with the DA/SA(Gen 3) trigger.    But I ain't sending it back.      The newer G2 triggers are not as good as the older Gen 3 triggers(prior to G2 models).    They mucked them up making them safer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Try this:

View Quote

I tried this with my 24/7 Pro 45 and it sounds like the striker IS falling, but who would want to put the safety on in this way? The only thing I have issue with is with factory ammo, bang every time, but sometimes with my reloads I get a misfire like the hammer is too soft. I took the misfires and ran them in a 1911,all shot ok. I bought  this gun specially for the second strike option.

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:34:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I tried this with my 24/7 Pro 45 and it sounds like the striker IS falling, but who would want to put the safety on in this way? The only thing I have issue with is with factory ammo, bang every time, but sometimes with my reloads I get a misfire like the hammer is too soft. I took the misfires and ran them in a 1911,all shot ok. I bought  this gun specially for the second strike option.
View Quote

Believe it or not, the first time I heard of someone engaging the safety like that and there being an incident was a guy who posted about it in GD on this site. He said his friend carried a PT145 (or the 9 or 40 variant) and shot himself while on the toilet. I vaguely recall a picture with blood all over the floor, too (his friend was OK). The thread later on exposed that the guy had engaged the safety just that way.. and I remember trying it myself after reading it to discover that it could happen.

So, even if something seems incredibly dumbassed to do (like holding a trigger halfway back while engaging the safety), have no doubt that someone somewhere will test the limits of responsibility.

The guns that Taurus makes are really not that bad and the second strike wasn't a bad idea (although it not being used by pretty much any other manufacturer should be a sign that its a pointless feature). However, Taurus the company has lost my business with this entire recall ordeal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I returned my PT145 Mil-Pro DAO in 2015....Been waiting since.  I have posts regarding my experience above in this thread.  
I now have an update.

I re-contacted Taurus for an update today via chat, and, Taurus advised:
At this time we will proceed with the replacement, unfortunately the PT 247 G2 in 45 caliber is not in current production. At this time you can choose between the 111 G2 or the 809 these models are in stock and are both 9 mm.

I chose the 111 G2 and asked how long it would take before being shipped.  No date was able to be provided and I was told to check back next week for possible update.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine is a 24/7 Pro .45 (4"). It works great and I love the trigger. I've known about 'the problem' for some time and decided to check mine out before doing anything else. I cleared it and tried every way I could to make it drop-fire - single action, double action, safety on, safety off, throwing it down on the carpeted floor in every attitude. You can hear if it slips and 'fires' plus the trigger would go back into double action. It didn't do anything. Doing a static function check which I do on any pistol after having the slide off, there was no malfunction. I did not do the check involving the trigger because I didn't know about it at the time, but I wouldn't anyway since its something that is not part of my handling of that pistol or any other. I load the pistol and set the safety without touching the trigger, as anyone with half a brain would. To touch the trigger on a loaded gun before intending to fire is imbecilic whether the safety is on or not. However, with the unloaded gun, doing the static safety check, my trigger was blocked with the safety engaged. Again, this is without touching the trigger before engaging the safety.
Anyway, I had installed Heinie night sights in it myself, of which I am a little proud of how it turned out, and I have about 5 mags for it, PLUS I picked the gun in the first place for how it felt like it was made for me compared to all the other similar ones out there.
So, bottom line, my gun is not going anywhere any time soon. It has been with me in the car many times and has had many nights' duty on the nightstand and will have many more. If I had the slightest doubt of it's safety or reliability, I would send it in, but I don't. If they come up with a 'repair' I'll consider it but probably won't. You don't send good food back to the cook - who knows what you might get back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I returned my PT145 Mil-Pro DAO in 2015....Been waiting since.  I have posts regarding my experience above in this thread.  
I now have an update.

I re-contacted Taurus for an update today via chat, and, Taurus advised:
At this time we will proceed with the replacement, unfortunately the PT 247 G2 in 45 caliber is not in current production. At this time you can choose between the 111 G2 or the 809 these models are in stock and are both 9 mm.

I chose the 111 G2 and asked how long it would take before being shipped.  No date was able to be provided and I was told to check back next week for possible update.
View Quote

This is somewhat good news. I had read that Taurus was looking for a way to repair the guns.. which would suck in my case because I sold all of my mags and accessories.

I'll take a 111 G2...
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Update:
Today, I re-contacted Taurus for a shipping date as I was instructed to do last week (when they advised they would replace my PT145 with a 111 G2).  Via chat, I was informed the following:
"I have confirmed the request was sent to the expediter but the expediter was out of the office last week for shot show an She is currently processing these requests".

So I have confirmation the shipping request was sent, and is in processing.  It will be interesting to see how long this phase will take before shipment occurs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I have been on the phone with Taurus and the Carter people all morning .,

cliff notes version that I am typing as we talk   (they received  my 3 pistols on 10/7/2015)

from Taurus -the 45 cal  is no longer  made you can get a 9mm or a 40 cal   if you don't like it call carter settlement ( they were actually pretty rude about it )

from Taurus - the pt911 you sent can be swapped out for gen 2   but your ffl on file is expired-  ( me ) why did you not call me =  them   - we tried but no answer  ( said they called me dec 2016)

from Carter -  its being appealed we cant tell you anything more   call Taurus -

From Taurus -   you get a choice of two 9m  or a 40 ..    ( me ) I already have 2 9mm coming plus I already own 9mm   and I do not shoot 40s      this is not acceptable   I need to speak to a supervisor.    ( them )  we can ask her to call you later but the response will be the same ... you get two choices

I also asked why they did not reach out the the FFL and ask for paper work etc as they are saying that is why the delay ... NO RESPONSE
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Call from Taurus Supervisor.  ( short version   turns out this is the same supervisor i spoke to back in 2015)
essentially you get a choice of  a 9 or 40 ...

ME
what happened to the 45  you promised to send me.  

T
we are out .. you can get a 9 or 40  OR wait until we get a 45 in ...

Me
when will you get a 45 back in stock

T  
we have NO idea

Me  
after being told the same song and dance over and over .. i finally said send me back my 45 ( yes that is an option apparently )

So know I am waiting for the FFL to resend his paper work in   and then they will put me on the list for delivery of the 9's

on the 45 they are checking with some one to see process for returning firearm..
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Update: Chat w/Taurus today. They said my PT-145's G2 replacement was delivered to my designated dealer on 2/1/17.

Therefore, from Fall 2015 until 2/2017 was the timeframe for my replacement.

Important:
1. I never rec'd an email, phone call or letter from Taurus advising the G2 was shipped.  
2. The Taurus tracking website did not show it had been shipped.
3. It arrived at the dealer I named back in 2015, but the only "ID" was my first and last name (no address/email/phone).
4. I had given my dealer my contact info in 2015, however, my dealer no longer had that info because of the time that transpired. Therefore, my dealer had no way to locate/contact me to tell me the G2 arrived.
5. Had I not had a 'chat' with Taurus today, I would have not known it had been shipped/delivered to the dealer.

I suggest anyone in this process keep in periodic contact with Taurus via Chat.  Chat
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd be curious of your impression of the early trigger on your PT-145 vs the G2 trigger.  Once you get it and shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd be curious of your impression of the early trigger on your PT-145 vs the G2 trigger.  Once you get it and shoot it.
View Quote

My PT-145 was a DAO version (long pull), so the G2 will be a different animal altogether.  
I will give Taurus a complement, and that is both the PT-145 and the G2 'feel' good in my hand; the grip on the G2 has much more texture than the 145; controls are comfortable on the G2 and I like its capacity.  I carry a Glock daily, but I look forward to a range trip to break-in the new G2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I had sent in my first gen 24/7 in .40 cal back in October 2015 for a completely unrelated issue to the settlement (at that time  I had no idea about the settlement-found out from someone at work about it).
I have been calling and using their chat with no information available, see the settlement website, yada, yada, yada.
Had an unexpected call from Taurus last week and they stated they have decided to replace my gun and offered a PT111 in 9mm, a pt111g2 in 9mm (just sold one because I cant stand the trigger), or a pt809 (I picked the 809 and will see how I feel about it when it arrives and either keep it or sell it and put proceeds towards another brand) This whole deal has burned me on Taurus. I always tried to defend them and support their quality product prior to this. I understand class action suits are a difficult experience but better communication would have saved them. They should have just elected to replace pistols from the beginning. With as cheap as their guns sell for I am sure they would have not lost as much money just scrapping returned guns for new ones rather than the future sales lost from their complete mishandling of the whole situation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#42]
MY FFL dropped me a note today saying my pistols were in ,.,  no contact at all from Taurus since my last update.

When I went to go pick them up I found out that only 2 of the 3 pistols  arrived.   So back to the phone tomorrow.  

on a side note I was told by Taurus that the gen 1 mags would work on gen 2...  I was unable to get my gen 1 mags to seat and hold in the gen 2.   anyone have any tips or ideas - I already have been told by Taurus that they would not trade me mags for mags ( even though I bought them from Taurus )
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#43]
The recall is now on big time. If you were already registered on the Taurus recall site, you received an email the other day informing you that as of Monday, Oct. 9, the recall site will begin accepting claims. If you were not already registered, you should now do so if you have one of the involved pistols and wish to dispose of it. You have to realize that if you send it in, it won't come back. There is no known repair. You have options; accept a $200 payment or submit the pistol for replacement (there is no G2 .45 so you'd have to take a .40 or 9mm). Here's a copy of the pertinent part of the email:

"Class Members may start filing claims on October 9, 2017.
You are receiving this email because you registered on www.tauruscartersettlement.com to receive updates about the class action settlement involving certain pistols manufactured by Taurus. The Settlement has been finally approved and benefits are now available to Settlement Class Members. You may start filing claims on October 9, 2017. The claims period will run through February 6, 2018.
Claim forms may be filed online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com.
If you do not wish to file a claim online, you may obtain a claims packet by mail. To get your claims packet, contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180, or send a letter to:
Taurus Class Action
Claims Administrator
c/o Heffler Claims Group
PO Box 230
Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230
Eligible Settlement Class Members have options:
1.Cash Payment: From October 9, 2017 - February 6, 2018, you can file a claim for a cash payment. Upon processing your claim and shipping your Class Pistol back to Taurus, you will receive up to $200 depending upon the number of claims submitted. You will not be charged for the cost of shipping your Class Pistol. Your Class Pistol must be shipped pursuant to the instructions available on the Settlement Website.
2.Enhanced Warranty: You may send your Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies at no cost to have your Class Pistol inspected by the Taurus Companies to address the alleged safety defects. Your Class Pistol will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the Taurus Companies subject to certain state law requirements described below. There is no time limit to take advantage of this benefit. A separate claim form must be completed for each Class Pistol claimed.
3.Safety Training: Special and particularized safety training addressing the proper operation and handling of Class Pistols is available online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or you can request a printed copy by contacting the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180 or Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., c/o Heffler Claims Group, PO Box 230, Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230. Safety Training is an additional benefit available to all Settlement Class Members."

I'm not going to trade in my working .45 24/7 Pro for a .40. Since there is no time limit for the replacement, I guess I'll continue to use my pistol until it wears out, breaks or the night sights go dark, then send it in for a new pistol that I can keep, trade or sell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I have shipped my two pistols to Taurus, and they arrived on Thursday.  I'm waiting for any sort of communication - none so far.

I will admit that there are probably a ton of people ahead of me, people who shipped their guns at the crack of dawn on the 9th, and probably people who had more than a few of them too.  But I have no clue how quickly the replacement process is supposed to be.

I seem to recall something on the settlement web site about the turn around time, but it's not there (that I can find) anymore.

In any case, I'm not hurting for carry pistols at the moment, and I'm patiently* waiting for my replacements.  I'll post when I hear something.

*As patiently as I can be, anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#46]
As I understand the issue, there is no repair. If you elect the 'Extended Warranty' option, you have only until Feb. 6, 2018 to enter your claim. After that, there is no time limit on when you can send the pistol in. The pistol will be replaced. The reason there is 'no repair' is relevant to the nature of the original claim, where the alleged problem was actually a peculiar manipulation of the safety while pulling the trigger, which is a misuse of the pistol. What this means is that they would have to put a different operating system in the pistol so it would be impossible to do this stupid act. Obviously they are not going to do such a thing so they have agreed to replace the pistols with the closest model they have.
So I filed my claim today but will continue to use the pistol until something breaks or wears out, at which time I will send it in.

Any pistol can have a problem and need repair. In my view the pistols in the 'class' of the settlement are not necessarily 'defective' although they could be because of a worn or broken part which may have nothing to do with the class settlement, but Taurus will still buy them or replace them if claims are made. The great majority of the class pistols are fully functional so its incorrect to term them 'defective' unless they have some sort of mechanical failure. In fact, Taurus always maintained throughout the litigation that the pistols were not unsafe and they did not ever admit there was a problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Another update to the saga,   After many many phone calls to Taurus .. I said ship me back my  .45   I already had 2  9mm returned I do not need another 9  nor do I shoot 40.  

Today  I received my .45 back   ( still had the identifying marks on it when I sent it in )  

All told  I will never buy another Taurus product again ..  the hassle of dealing with this has been exhausting .   I will keep what Taurus products I currently have.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I got an automated email from Taurus today.
Dear Customer,

We are in receipt of your merchandise.
Processing should take approximately 6 weeks from the date of receipt.

If you would like to provide additional information, please contact Customer Service at:
     Phone: (305) 624-1115
     Fax: (305) 624-1126
Between the hours of 8:00 am - 10:00 pm ET, Monday thru Friday

You may check the progress of your repair by accessing our website.
Please select "Repair Status" under the Customer Care menu.
View Quote
This was specifically for one of the two pistols I returned, the 9mm.  My claim numbers were two digits apart, with the .40 being the second number.  I think it'll be interesting to see how long it is until I get an email about the .40.

As it is, checking "Repair Status" for each pistol says that they have both reached the "Repair Completed" stage.  The next, and last stage, is FedEx shipping of the pistol.  Very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
As I understand the issue, there is no repair. If you elect the 'Extended Warranty' option, you have only until Feb. 6, 2018 to enter your claim. After that, there is no time limit on when you can send the pistol in. The pistol will be replaced. The reason there is 'no repair' is relevant to the nature of the original claim, where the alleged problem was actually a peculiar manipulation of the safety while pulling the trigger, which is a misuse of the pistol. What this means is that they would have to put a different operating system in the pistol so it would be impossible to do this stupid act. Obviously they are not going to do such a thing so they have agreed to replace the pistols with the closest model they have.
So I filed my claim today but will continue to use the pistol until something breaks or wears out, at which time I will send it in.

Any pistol can have a problem and need repair. In my view the pistols in the 'class' of the settlement are not necessarily 'defective' although they could be because of a worn or broken part which may have nothing to do with the class settlement, but Taurus will still buy them or replace them if claims are made. The great majority of the class pistols are fully functional so its incorrect to term them 'defective' unless they have some sort of mechanical failure. In fact, Taurus always maintained throughout the litigation that the pistols were not unsafe and they did not ever admit there was a problem.
View Quote
That's what I am truly hoping.  The "repair" is truly a replace.  I'd rather not have them take all of this time to replace defective parts with newer designed parts to end up finding out those are badly designed as well.  I'd rather an entirely new pistol.  I guess I'll have to get around to signing up and shipping it out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top