Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 5:12:29 PM EDT
I have/ had a 24/7 gen-1 a very early one. Not shot a ton, ~1K rnds? Went to the range blasted a box box and a half of FMJ. As we were picking up cleared the gun and snapped the slide closed; and watched the end of the take-down pin snap-off.......Dammmm.......Ok go home inspect and decide that either I will have to drill & tap take-down pin then pull with slide hammer.......Or callTaurus, ok I call Taurus. Guy on the phone was super nice said sounds like warranty  send it in....Ok sent, about 4 weeks later get a letter in the mail, Taurus is going to warranty your 24/7 and send it back to u, ok Great.......

About 4 more weeks go by and I'm like dang let me call and check on my gun, I used the message thingy one night and she says gun still in repair ok. About a week later I get a call on cell, but can't answer in a meeting, it's Taurus customer service. Taurus has decided that we will have to replace your 24/7 with a NIB gen-2 24/7....I'm like what?????? ok so I call and sure enough mine is "non repairable" ?? Ok I say, what do i need to do?. So he explains that cause it's a new S/N they will have to send it to my FFL and I will have to transfer, ok no big deal really i know them and they are very cool (won't charge me a transfer fee).

Then "spidey" sense kicks in............What are they going to do with my old gun? I sure don't want it running around some place.....

Sorry for being long..It's kinda a long story......I'm not un happy just concerned what is to become of my old S/N thats in my name.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sold it to the cartel
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
they will use it for R+D or destroy it.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
they'll probably destroy it

given all the guns they have to replace, i doubt that they are learning anything from them

that sucks op, but at least you had a better experience with their cs than i had
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
When they send your replacement, the old one will be out of your name and into theirs. The gen-2s are nice guns, better than the originals.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When they send your replacement, the old one will be out of your name and into theirs. The gen-2s are nice guns, better than the originals.
View Quote

There is no registration in Louisiana
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe not, but there is paper work on file somewhere for the original purchase and every transfer through a gun shop. That seemed to be the op's concern,
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The only downside that I see is that the 24/7G2 takes a different mag than the 24/7G1...

Forrest
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only downside that I see is that the 24/7G2 takes a different mag than the 24/7G1...

Forrest
View Quote

Or sell the 24/7 G1 mags to anyone that has a Taurus PT111 G2.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Sent them the original box and everything that came in it.....So I have nothing left of the old GEN-1....
And yes I was concerned about the original 4473 that  filled out.....
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So Taurus did actually come through, after 8mo. I went yesterday and picked up a nib 24/7-gen-2. A very nice apologetic young lady from Taurus called Thursday evening and informed me that my new gun had arrived at my local shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top