Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 11:27:24 AM EDT
I have read reviews on this thing and they seem fine......though I know nobody who owns one. I have a gen 1 I paid $350.....it's been good.....

attempting to avoid the impulse buy........
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
DO IT!

I was tempted and then I shot my friend's over the weekend and that put me over the edge and I ordered one last night. It reminded me a lot of my M&P compact but the grip is just slightly longer which makes it feel even better in hand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Do it for sure. I was shocked by how much I liked mine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it for sure. I was shocked by how much I liked mine.
View Quote

It's the best $400 gun, $200 can buy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
How are the triggers?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA has them for $199.99  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How are the triggers?
View Quote

long take up, then wall, and typical clunky striker-fired break.

...really not as bad as i'm making it sound though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
A buddy of mine bought one and I happened to be at the gun range when he was there. Let's just say you can't go wrong buying one. I am tempted myself, if I can find one locally.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not a target trigger, but for a DA striker fired gun, it's very good... not that there are a lot of DA striker fired guns to compare it to.

Buy one, it's a great little shooter.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PSA has them for $199.99  
View Quote

I ordered one of these over the weekend. I have had the Gen 1 for 14 13 years and have had no problems with it, so I figured a better trigger and +2 capacity were worth a $200 chance.  Actually it was hard to resist at that price.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Shot one yesterday that my father ordered thanks to the PSA deal.  For the first time in many years I'm considering actually buying a Taurus.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered one 2 weeks ago and went out and shot it today.  I put 150 rounds through it and had a couple of failure to feeds.  The round did not fully chamber.  All it took was a slight push on the slide to go into battery.  These were 147 gr reloads and I think they were slightly long.  I also shot some 124gr with no issues.  So far I realy like the gun and it has great stippling on the grip. I dont know if it can be beat for $217 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked one of these up off gunbroker a few weeks ago 239 after FFL transfer.

I hate Taurus and would never have a another after my so called PT145.

This little 9mm has already fed more trouble free rounds in a month than the 45 did it's first outting.

For the money I was willing to give it a chance based on all the reviews and positive reviews I read online. Didn't hurt that my neighbor bought one a few months ago and I've put a few 100 rounds through it, and  he's never had a failure.

So far I've only shot 100 rounds of factory, and somewhere in the range of 200-300 rounds of my 124g cast powder coated reloads.  Taurus may have a winner....I really wish my Shield had the fantastic grip the G2 has.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
FWIW I tested my G2 this week with my Mec-Gar 20-round mag for the Sig P226 and it functioned flawlessly. I did 3 mag dumps with it as fast as I could pull the trigger - which turned out to be pretty fast once I got used to it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FWIW I tested my G2 this week with my Mec-Gar 20-round mag for the Sig P226 and it functioned flawlessly. I did 3 mag dumps with it as fast as I could pull the trigger - which turned out to be pretty fast once I got used to it.
View Quote

Did the slide lock back after the last round?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, every time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#16]

I just spent that for a 1984 Taurus 85
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Considering they just settled on a $39 million suit including the PT-111, I'll pass.

It's still a Taurus.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Considering they just settled on a $39 million suit including the PT-111, I'll pass.

It's still a Taurus.
View Quote

The G2 is a completely different gun and not affected by the recall
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Time to buy another...before they raise prices to pay the settlement.

I have a PT-140 that is back at Taurus now to address this safety issue, I still bought one of these new PT-111's.

Both great shooting little guns.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#20]
So, my wife comes in from work yesterday and says "let me show you this gun", then "I want one". So I came here to check it out. Looks good, so it's on the way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I got one this weekend. I got tired of lugging around my Ruger P90.
You can only lug it around so much.

I bought this gun, and two knives for 230$, tax and background check included.

I then bought a IWB holster and 200$ rounds of 9mm.

I love this gun. Its awesome. I can conceal easily with anything I wear and its comfortable.

I have a Ruger LC9Pro on order still. I just seen the deal on the PT111 and couldnt pass it up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
For the 2nd straight year in a row, the Taurus PT111 G2 is the #1 selling subcompact in America. As a proud owner myself, and owner of several other guns, from full-size to pocket-size, as well as a member of many other gun forums, recipient of numerous newsletters, and YouTube gun review binge watcher, I have no shortage of sources from which I can make an informed decision about this gun.

The original PT111 (aka Millenium) was the subject of an AD lawsuit: it fired when it was accidentally dropped, and the bullet nearly hit the owner's son. This lawsuit was recently settled by Taurus for $36 million, and I can't blame anyone for making reference to it because it pointed to a larger problem - that being quality control.

In 2012, Taurus acquired their new CEO, and there have been major advances in quality control and customer service. But, again, it will take time to change people's minds.  You cannot change the past, but you can change the future.  So far, at least with the PT111 G2, it looks like they are headed in the right direction.

So, the bottom line raised by the OP's question, is "Yes, I would recommend the PT111 G2" as a gun that is a good buy at $325 but is a flat-out steal at $200.

If you wanted to spend $400-425 for a carry gun, I'd recommend the XD-9 Mod2. But, for $200, I say, "Grab it! You will really be surprised at how good a gun Taurus can make when it devotes the time and materials to do it."
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife got herself one, but it does not feed reliably without a good grip.
It's getting broke in, and she's working on her technique, and it's getting better, but (IMHO) it's not a good self defense pistol for those with weaker wrists.
She's never had a FTF on her Sig 226. Which is a full size pistol, so not as picky, as would be expected.

It runs like a clock for me. Recoil is minimal, and accurate follow up shots are easy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I have one, would have to say best 9mm for the money.
small but fits my hands well, the extended mag plate really helps.
 the18 round meg gar , sig p226 mag works great in the gun.
 cheaper than finding pt111 g2 mags
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]
C'mon guys, we haz teh rulz .....

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought one for $200+ tax and couldn't be happier with the pt111 g2
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I bit on the PT111 Mill Pro Gen 2 with two mags for $199 deal.   two outings so far, 500 rounds, assorted ammo,   It ate them all, feels good in the hand, and is surprisingly (at least to me) accurate.    Looooooong pull to the break on the trigger, the break is real deep (close to palm) are the negatives so far.    Conversely, the reset is much quicker than the springfields or glocks .... which is really nice...go figure.   imo...ymmv

Overall so far (it's early) ... for what it is ... it's a great value @ $199 imo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I bit on the PT111 Mill Pro Gen 2 with two mags for $199 deal.   two outings so far, 500 rounds, assorted ammo,   It ate them all, feels good in the hand, and is surprisingly (at least to me) accurate.    Looooooong pull to the break on the trigger, the break is real deep (close to palm) are the negatives so far.    Conversely, the reset is much quicker than the springfields or glocks .... which is really nice...go figure.   imo...ymmv
Overall so far (it's early) ... for what it is ... it's a great value @ $199 imo.
View Quote
Agreed.

I bought a Ruger SR9c after I bought the Taurus. I feel like it is within the same quality of the Ruger.

Then again I bought the Ruger brand new for 220$.

I bought the PT111G2 brand new for 230$ with 250rounds of ammo, two knives, background check, and tax included.

I switch between them for every day carry.

When the wife gets out more from the pregnancy, she has called the PT111G2.

Says it fits better in her hands.

She is much happier than with the Taurus PT738 I bought her for Happy You Got Your Permit Day!

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:34:07 AM EDT
[#29]
150 Rounds through mine so far no hiccups. Trigger is not the best but for 199$ if it keeps eating ammo i'm very satisfied. Paid 199$ with free shipping and 15$ transfer fee. When I get a chance i'll put some defensive rounds through it and call it reliable but so far i've not read a bad review on it yet besides trigger being pretty long.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Update...2 actually. First, my 111 is still going strong, no issues after over 1000 rounds.

Second, Taurus is replacing my PT140 Gen 1 I sent back. They're sending me a new PT140 Gen 2.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Then again I bought the Ruger brand new for 220$

View Quote

Link required immediately
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top