Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
So my PT145 PRO was sent in for repairs 4 mths ago and today they called. Taurus stated that my pistol is beyond repair and i get a new one for "free". I have Glocks and Sig's but only had the one Taurus so do not know the inventory.
My spending limit is around 480.00 (MSRP of the PT145). Would like to go to 9mm instead of .45 so all the pistols eat the same.

WHAT SHOULD I PICK ???????
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Man...Taurus...Can you get your $480 back and buy something else?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The 24/7 gen2 is a decent gun. I am looking at getting a pt111 pro, however both are only around 2-250 so unless they will send a check for the difference, maybe look into a non polymer option.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't get another Taurus
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't get another Taurus
View Quote

I wouldnt either, but they wont refund the cash soooo...I am thinking PT809B? or the 9mm 1911..
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The 1911 can at least be upgraded with quality parts if you don't Like it.
Eta autocorrect
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
A quick look on gunbroaker shows new glock 19's for 400
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, go with what you like the best. A 9mm 1911 from Taurus could be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a 19 gen 4...Blue label for 389.00 NIB...get to spend Taurus's money...
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The 92 series are not bad pistols. I had one years ago and it functioned perfectly with any ammo I fed it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The 92 series are not bad pistols. I had one years ago and it functioned perfectly with any ammo I fed it.
View Quote

If I was in your shoes a Taurus PT-92 or a 1911 in 9 MM would be my choices.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So my PT145 PRO was sent in for repairs 4 mths ago and today they called. Taurus stated that my pistol is beyond repair and i get a new one for "free". I have Glocks and Sig's but only had the one Taurus so do not know the inventory.
My spending limit is around 480.00 (MSRP of the PT145). Would like to go to 9mm instead of .45 so all the pistols eat the same.

View Quote

Would you mind sharing what the issue was...why you sent it back? I have a p140 to send back. Great little gun, shoots very well for the 240ish I paid for it. It has never given me an issue, but I saw a video on youtube about it being able to fire with the safety on. I tried it and sure enough it does.
If they can't fix it, and offer me a replacement, I'll opt for the G2 model, or the 1911 if I can get it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Taurus Tracker .17 if you must and look into another mfg for autos imo. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing what the issue was...why you sent it back? I have a p140 to send back. Great little gun, shoots very well for the 240ish I paid for it. It has never given me an issue, but I saw a video on youtube about it being able to fire with the safety on. I tried it and sure enough it does.
If they can't fix it, and offer me a replacement, I'll opt for the G2 model, or the 1911 if I can get it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mine would constantly jam with any ammo i put in it (both mags) then when i did get it to feed it discharged one round and stovepiped the second. The slide was stuck about 1/2 open with a live round in the chamber. After a 1/2 hour of waiting (stovepipe) I had to force the slide back to extract the round and then it would not cycle. After removing the striker, the slide finally came off. The underlying problem was that the striker saftey block had dislodged and then fallen out locking the whole thing up.

It looks like im getting a 24/7 .45 full size as a replacement. When Taurus says MSRP they mean the MSRP off the spec. sheet on the website. So a 450.00 PT-92 on Buds is 650.00 on Taurus.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
So Taurus called me back today, and ask if i had a chance to look at the catalog. They asked for diffrent model numbers that i was insterested in and looked up invetory to see what was avalable..(no mention of prices) The first two pistols i had picked out (24/7 - 45 SS and 24/7 -9 SS) were out of stock. She asked what else i might like or did i want to wait for stock to come in. I chose the PT-92 (640.00 MSRP) and thay had them in stock. Tonight i go to my FFL and have them fax a copy of their FFl to Taurus and it will ship in about a week! Plus they will reimburse my FFL trasnrer cost!!!

Long story short....guy buys a used PT145 for 300.00, breaks it and the Mfg replaces it with a 600.00 pistol!

Been a good week.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#15]
until it arrives C.O.D.   LMAO
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got my replacement in and now its going back!

The long story is, after multiple call and chat messages Taurus agreed to replace my PT145 G2 with a NEW PT92.  After sending in (and Taurus having lost my LGS's first) copy of an FFL I finally got one on file. They then waited  for ME to call them and request the agreed upon replacement pistol. (PT92 - This will be  IMPORTANT later). I was told to check last Friday for a UPS shipping # and WOW they produced one! At arrival at my LGS I get to open the new box and low and behold it is a PT24/7 - .45 DA/SA DS STD, 4.2 12+1 SS, NOT A PT92 as promised!

The pisser is that all 3 CSR I talked to wanted me to CHOSE this in the catalogue and I declined all 3 times...so instead of sending what was promised they seem to have just grabbed what was available and sent it....I guess its back to making phone calls again!

PS: this has been two month since Taurus notified me that my pistol was non-repairable, and over 8 months since I shipped it off to them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top