Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 10:06:42 AM EDT
She likes the PT22 and was going to buy it, then she was handed the PT22 poly, and fell in love with it

I couldn't find anything bad about it on reviews, any issues with reliability with it being poly?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Has she shot one yet?  I have a first generation gun and it has a seriously heavy trigger pull. Heavy enough a nine year old boy couldn't pull it. I don't know about the newer guns, but I got a nasty note from Taurus after mine came back from it's Flordia vacation saying not to shoot hyper velocity ammo in it. (no Stingers)  
Might be OK if carried much and shot little.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
To me the trigger is awful, she likes because of the tip up barrel, she has a hard time with heavier guns and can't pull back most slides, I tried to convince her about a revolver instead

She says she likes the trigger
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife started with a pt22 and could not get any kind of accuracy due to the trigger pull. I got her a Walther p22 and she does great. They are easier to cycle the action and trigger is half the pull weight even with a double action first pull. It is a bit larger but more forgiving on the hand if your wife tends to grip high like mine does. Just my personal experience. The pt is a well built pistol if it handles properly for her though. Take her to a range and have her try a few
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will pass this on!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top