Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No sights...hmmm. I laughed at the writer stating that after a bit of practice, torso hits at 5 yards were possible. It's an interesting approach, especially the curved body, but this doesn't offer anything a bodyguard or ruger don't currently have. And those have sights. I guess the only plus would be the ease of carrying with minimal printing, but if you can't carry the other 380s without printing, then you might need to lose the skinny jeans.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if I needed a pistol for a sci fi movie, this would be a good one.

If it sells, they need to make a left hand version.  This would sell to left handers and also to right handers who might want to carry it on their left hip as a BUG.

I can't see it as a primary gun, but as a BUG, maybe.

Might even fit well around my ankle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought for a second this was a combo taser/pistol.   That would be interesting but a potential legal nightmare (did you mean to shoot or tase, why didn't you use the taser first, etc.)
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Fugly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought for a second this was a combo taser/pistol.   That would be interesting but a potential legal nightmare (did you mean to shoot or tase, why didn't you use the taser first, etc.)
View Quote

Do both! Taze WHILE your shooting him, hell throw some pepperballs in there while your at it for good measure
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Pass.
View Quote

While pinching my nose.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of the Facebook replies were brutal.

"Why did you make a flashlight/lazer pointer with a useless .380 barrel on top" was my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it's an innovative idea.  The light setup would at least be enough to see in a dark room and it does have a laser, so that half makes up for the lack of sights.

I wish they would have at least put sights on it like the TCP.

I'm in the market for a pocket 380 and I might end up getting this on their next design iteration.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
According to the Taurus website the width is 1.18". Are they counting the entire curved portion or just the slide? I only ask since the G26 is the same width and that's a fat little 9mm that some find a little too thick to carry in a pocket.

Specs: http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Taurus shits the bed again
How hard is it to make a quality product
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Fugly nailed it, I will stick with my LCP.

V
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the innovation and would be willing to try it out.
Just like rifles, optics will be edging out iron sights on hand guns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking at that non symmetric barrel - does it affect the bullet as it passes out and has different pressures affecting it?  I know it isn't a long range weapon anyway but has there been a non symmetric crowned barrel on a firearm before?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking at that non symmetric barrel - does it affect the bullet as it passes out and has different pressures affecting it?  I know it isn't a long range weapon anyway but has there been a non symmetric crowned barrel on a firearm before?
View Quote

Good point.  If anything, it would probably help at least a little bit with muzzle flip the way it's currently cut.  
The irony of that would be Taurus actually stumbling upon something useful.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
If you look down into the barrel that looks like its just a bushing you can kinda see the rifleing end alittle ways back
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested to handle one in person.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw this while I was browsing magazines the other day but I didn't catch that the thing is CURVED! Thus the name DUH... I think as long as it's viewed in perspective, as a last ditch self defense pocket gun it's pretty darn interesting. Sights? It's got a laser for that. Built in knife clip? Handy. Form fitting curves? Very cool if it fits a hand OK. Of course SOMEONE will want to add an RMR and bellyache that there's no bayonet lug... I'm just happy that there are still manufacturers trying to keep the market alive with new ideas and marketing strategies!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty intrigued about how this is going to go over on the general public.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]
This is interesting to me for a very specific reason. I've been looking for a gun for my wife to carry while she runs at night. My current plan is to add a belt clip and Crimson Trace Laserguard to a hard chromed KelTec P-32 but this Curve looks like it could fill that role nicely.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody know the release date?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I actually quite like the concept.  But the point of the curve is to make it print less, which they then undermine by making the pistol too thick.  The lack of any form of even a couple bumps to use a crude sights is also a no go.  I like the flashlight concept for target illumination, but the laser is just a gimmick to me.  I do not want to fumble with a laser switch to turn on my sighting system.

I'll likely pass on this one for two reasons:
-Too thick (negating the benefit of the curved profile)
-No form of iron sights
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

The crown / rifling is symmetric, just the end of the barrel is not.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
According to the Taurus website the width is 1.18". Are they counting the entire curved portion or just the slide? I only ask since the G26 is the same width and that's a fat little 9mm that some find a little too thick to carry in a pocket.

View Quote

I'm curious about this as well - 1.18" is stupid thick.  I do find it interesting that the magazine is straight.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm curious about this as well - 1.18" is stupid thick.  I do find it interesting that the magazine is straight.

http://gunsmagazine.com/guns/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Ph_Curve_Back_W_Magazine.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://gunsmagazine.com/guns/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Ph_Curve_Back_W_Magazine.jpg

Well that pretty much blows the whole point.  Make it thin and curvy to the contour of the body and you have something amazing.  So Taurus basically took a straight pocket .380, kept that whole thing without bending it, but add more thickness to the outside in a curved profile, completely missing the whole point.  An LCP is 0.82" thick.  This thing is really 1.18"!??!   Good Lord.

It's a gimmick.     And by botching the concept, they soured it for someone who might actually try to do this right.  Imagine an LCP with a curved magazine and frame like this...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Stupid gun stupid concept bad barrel bad gun not going to work.

/thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top