Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2014 5:26:22 PM EDT

I have a pt92 and its one of my favorite firearms. I've done a lot training with it and its used and abused. I would guess I'm pushing considerably over 10 thousand rounds on it. I had unusual problem that so sent it in to Taurus. (Best part is after all the years of use and abuse Taurus repaired it free of charge!)

So here's what happened in case it helps someone. The pistol failed to stay in single action. After a round was fired the hammer would return back with slide about 1 in every ten rounds. I thought it may have been the sear, as it turns out it was the trigger bar. Anyhow if you ever encounter that issue replacing your trigger is pretty simple.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
How long was the turnaround?  Years ago they used to ship the pistols back to Brazil for warranty work and it took forever.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent my Model 94 22 rimfire revolver to Taurus in Florida where it was repaired with about 3-4 week turn around including shipping both ways.  Taurus advised me to ship it by Federal Express which was going to cost $80+ so I had my dealer send it through USPS which was about $10-15 insured by priority mail.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long was the turnaround?  Years ago they used to ship the pistols back to Brazil for warranty work and it took forever.
View Quote
After it was delivered to Taurus they had it back in the mail with in 2 weeks. They have a pretty nice repair status site you can see the real time process.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm having the exact same issue with my PT92, though mine is brand new.  Did they ever tell you what was faulty with the Trigger Bar?  I'm just trying to see if I can visually verify a problem before sending it in for repairs.

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a pt92 and its one of my favorite firearms. I've done a lot training with it and its used and abused. I would guess I'm pushing considerably over 10 thousand rounds on it. I had unusual problem that so sent it in to Taurus. (Best part is after all the years of use and abuse Taurus repaired it free of charge!)

So here's what happened in case it helps someone. The pistol failed to stay in single action. After a round was fired the hammer would return back with slide about 1 in every ten rounds. I thought it may have been the sear, as it turns out it was the trigger bar. Anyhow if you ever encounter that issue replacing your trigger is pretty simple.
View Quote

I'm having the exact same issue with my PT92, though mine is brand new. Did they ever tell you what was faulty with the Trigger Bar? I'm just trying to see if I can visually verify a problem before sending it in for repairs.

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top