Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2013 8:50:37 AM EDT
Anyone know of adjustable sights for a PT840 or PT8xx series?   I understand they are Novak sights from the factory.

My pistol works great, I have never had a fail to feed or firing issue, however I do not like how the sights are setup.   It shoots really low and slightly to the left (I'm right handed).  This is even when shooting from rest.   I have checked with a barrel laser and the sights are setup correctly.  But the sights are more setup as in image 3 below:

I almost prefer shooting my Hi-Point JCP over the PT840 simply because I can adjust the sights.  As shooting image 3 style just isn't how I aim.   Has anyone successfully changed out the Novak sights for adjustable sights?
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Novak sights on my 809C have a small set screw that locks them down, adjustments left and right are pretty simple. As for the elevation and adjustable sights, shouldn't be to hard to find a set of adjustable sights you just need to measure the dovetail, Brownells usually list sights by the dovetail size. As for the way its shooting, my 809 is the same way, most defensive weapons are set up to shoot center mass kind of a point and pull thing, most aren't geared toward target shooting. Like any fixed sight pistol you have to practice to see how it shoots and adjust your sighting style  for the pistol, or find a set of adjustable sights!
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You should be able to find sights for your pistol by looking for sights for the 24/7 striker fired series of pistols that came before the PT800 series. The 24/7 series has been around since 2004, and the slide cuts are identical to the PT800's for the front and rear dovetails.

Hope this helps,

Link Posted: 11/11/2013 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at the range yesterday and I had a tough time with this pistol.   I just could not hit well.  

Picked up my friends 40 S&W Glock (I think 22) and was able to hit bullseye repeatedly with consistency.   I was shooting a 380 Nano just as well as I shot the full size Taurus.  

So I think I need different sights...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top