Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2013 10:54:13 PM EDT
so i ordered me a pt111 g2 from buds and it should be here saturday. im looking for a iwb holster for it. can anyone recommend one? this is my first taurus and my first 9mm. all it took was one time handleing the pt11 g2 for me to want it. seems like a good carry gun for the price. since this is my first 9mm whats a good personal defense round and what wieght?
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have become a fan of the Old Faithful Holsters, they are a Crossbred style IWB at a lower price and you put them together and you can use the different size spacers to adjust the retention on the pistol. Ammo around here is still pretty scarce so the best carry ammo is pretty much what ever you can get your hands on! LOL Now then I like Taurus, some people don't, with a new one do your self a favor, fill out that registration card and get it in the mail! Shoot the piss out of it the first 3 months, if there is anything wrong with it they will even pay the shipping to return it the first three months!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for Kydex only, a hybrid, or leather?? There are a multitude of holster makers out there, you can also Google "A Compiled List of Holster Makers". It's a pretty good list, still not everyone is listed. For Kydex, I go to one guy only, Gene with Genotac Holsters www.genotac.com. He's got good holsters at a good price, and if you are looking for IWB, I'd recommend his Hider holster. Good retention, and you can order with a loop or clip. He can use a regular thickness or the thinner Kydex which I really like for an IWB. It holds up really well for me. You can only get the thin Kydex in black only.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Alienwear cloaktuck 2.0 holster for my pt111 g2 and love wearing it, although it's a hassle to take on and off.  

I also have a Dara holster which is... less than stellar.  They molded the kydex with the safety off, so regardless of how the pistol goes into the holster, it's off when it comes out.

Glancing at my computer desk notepad, Clinger holsters is going to take my money next.  Whee!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Desantis Pocket-Tuk For Glock26.

It fits nice, although it's a tad loose when not being worn inside the waistband.  It not like the pistol is gonna fall out loose, but still.  Of course inside the waistband it's fine.

$16.99 from Amazon.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Leather Glock 26 holsters seem to work and the Serpa for an HK USP works too oddly enough.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so i ordered me a pt111 g2 from buds and it should be here saturday. im looking for a iwb holster for it. can anyone recommend one? this is my first taurus and my first 9mm. all it took was one time handleing the pt11 g2 for me to want it. seems like a good carry gun for the price. since this is my first 9mm whats a good personal defense round and what wieght?
View Quote

While I use a slab/comfort holder for my larger pieces, the FIST (Brand) 1BK is what I use for the G2.  It has about the thinnest Kydex you can find, and the Velcro allows me to easily adjust to wear appendix or any side  position from 1 to 5.   FIST holsters take a while to ship, and are not the cheapest option ... but I love this holster for the G2.   Can also be found on Amazon

As to which round ... you will get lots of opinions, and it depends what you want.   But for my carry guns I go with Federal HST, and in the G2 I choose the Federal HST 124 gr in either the standard or plus P version.  The 147 gr are another option.  IMO ...  can't go wrong with either weight in the HST line ... they will do their job if you do yours.   Go get some HST's...test fire in your carry gun to insure reliability .... and then forget about bullets and spend time training under pressure ( imo - more important than bullet).

Enjoy the new piece.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Badger State Holsters makes an excellent IWB kydex piece for only $35. Someone else suggested him on here, great holster!
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I use a Cook's kydex IWB for mine.  Super comfortable
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top