Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2013 11:56:03 AM EDT
Had to sell most of my firearms due to family (read: wife's) money problems prior to splitting up.

So, I've had a basically empty safe (a lone AR-15 SBR with no optics or accessories ) and a .22 suppressor with nothing to mount it on.

I finally got a little pocket money, and decided to buy a PT-111 Millennium G2.

I remember reading about these after SHOT, and thought how good they looked.  I couldn't stand the old style of Taurus grip texturing (the horizontal lines )

I was able to pick one up yesterday for $330 and grabbed a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster.  Yeah, it's kind of big for pocket carry, but it's managable, and that is my preferred method of carry.

Why the Taurus?

I've been a hand gunner for 20 years and have owned some of everything.  I'm Glock'd out.  Springfield XD is a NO GO (just not a fan of the HS2000 ) and none of the many pistols I looked at elicited an emotional response.

Then I saw the G2 in the case and thought "Hey!  That's that Taurus I was so interested in!".

Will get to the range ASAP and report back

Hope to get it to the range soon
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one two weeks ago and finally got to shoot it this weekend. The trigger is MUCH better than expected and it ran perfectly. Accuracy is okay ( Not like my Browning HP ) and the recoil is sharp but mild. My only gripe is that the mag fits loosely in the grip so it wobbles at the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
What ammo do you carry?  I've got a stash of Hornady TAP FPD.  I think it's 125 gr (9mm).
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the new gun. I know the shitty feeling of selling guns. I had to do a bunch of that last year myself.
I started rebuilding a bit too, feels good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was excited to get mine. I love how it feels in the hand, however it sucks for carry. I never have bothered to even shoot it. The stippling eats my love handles up! I've been trying to sell it for $325 with an IWB and OWB holster for weeks with no luck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was excited to get mine. I love how it feels in the hand, however it sucks for carry. I never have bothered to even shoot it. The stippling eats my love handles up! I've been trying to sell it for $325 with an IWB and OWB holster for weeks with no luck.
View Quote

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but did you try carrying it a bit farther back?
I would try different positions before giving up on it. Maybe use as a truck/car gun?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but did you try carrying it a bit farther back?
I would try different positions before giving up on it. Maybe use as a truck/car gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry one occasionally. I run it at 5:00 in an IWB holster and every now and then it would scrape against my back. Not a big deal but annoying. Now it has permanent duty in the center console of my car while I carry my M&P 9c
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#7]
pic one up for 300 at buds  use  small iwb   each day  I wore it differently  no problem    the range it no problem  except its to accurate head shot for break in won't work     new gun takes time
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

1) If they sell for $300 new, you're probably going to have a hard time selling it for anything over $225-250...even with the holsters.

2) If the texture bothers you, try sliding a piece of bicycle inner tube over the grip. It's thin enough to not add bulk, adds a bit of grippiness, and will cover up the aggressive texture of the factory grip.  

3) Why the hell are you carying a gun that you haven't tested, especially a Taurus? Look, I like Taurus firearms as much as the next guy and wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right, but they've definitely put out a few turds over the years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1) If they sell for $300 new, you're probably going to have a hard time selling it for anything over $225-250...even with the holsters.

2) If the texture bothers you, try sliding a piece of bicycle inner tube over the grip. It's thin enough to not add bulk, adds a bit of grippiness, and will cover up the aggressive texture of the factory grip.  

3) Why the hell are you carying a gun that you haven't tested, especially a Taurus? Look, I like Taurus firearms as much as the next guy and wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right, but they've definitely put out a few turds over the years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't carry it in public. It didn't require and more than 30 minutes of wearing it around the house to figure out it wasn't the carry gun for me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got the wife one this past weekend and LOVE it, going to buy one myself..  

She wanted to buy her carry gun based on the grip.  She was eyeballing a Sig and a springfield
9mm, by chance the guy that ran the shop had a Taurus for rent in the indoor range. Went and ran
50 round box through it and chose to get it.

I was getting very good/tight groups at 15 yrds on my 1st mag full...actually better than my G26
{I shoot left like others with a 1st glock}  

I too am a fan of the grip and way it sits in my small hands.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been carrying one since December. I like it a lot. The sharp grip stipples don't really bother me. Mine shoots good. No issues after 200 rounds over several range trips.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a stainless one today from SOG.  Hope to have it here soon.  They are quite a bargain of a gun.  I am excited to have something more concealable.  Heard some people use 200 grit on the texture to knock it down some if it bothers the skin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top