Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2013 10:19:54 PM EDT
My wife wanted a small 9mm.  She picked out the PT 111 G2.  Said it felt the best of all she tried.  I was a little apprehensive seeing as I've never owned a Taurus but thought we'd give it a try.  Especially since it was $330 some dollars delivered to my FFL.

Wow, went to the range today to "shoot the heck" out of it.  We had a blast.  I had thrown together some Montana Gold 124grn FMJ's  on top of 4.3 grns of HP38.  The recoil was like a 22.  Accuracy was very good.  Sights were dead on from the factory but adjustable if you need to tweak them.

No drama, no sore wrists, nothing but 200 rnds downrange on a brand new gun with absolutely no problems.  ONLY negatives I can possibly throw out, the single action take-up is long.  After that, the break is crisp and very predictable.  The dual action/second strike pull is kind of gritty and feels like a toy but hopefully will never be needed.

How is this pistol not a runaway best seller?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you got a winner! I like Taurus, have a couple of them and I've owned a few others over the years with out any issues. I have a little 809C that is one sweet shooting little pistol. I looked at the 24-7's and the PT-111's before I bought the 809C, they are pretty similar but I liked the fact that the 809C has a hammer and decocker, once the hammer is cocked there is no take up on the trigger in it, now if you shoot that first round double action theres about 1/2" of take up but after that its not problem.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you think the 111 shoots good, you should shoot the PT145, it is unbelievable for such a short barrel. I like the PT111 it is a good shooter, so is the 24/7 9mm. I tried the 24/7 OSS, but it had a trigger that was so bad I sold it off at the gun show craze last winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top