Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2013 10:06:40 PM EDT
Im making this to help people get away from taurus semi-auto pistols. I bought a pt145 took it to the range. Bang bang bang slide locks back. Same thing over and over. So i sent it back to taurus. They sent it back three weeks. So i took it to the range bang bang slide locks back with several rounds left in the magazine. The semi autos are garbage. Imo.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Because learning how to hold a pistol with your thumb down so it doesn't push the slide lock up is for faggots.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Really?....Some people kill me, If you don't like Taurus firearms fine, don't buy them and don't troll the Taurus section of the forum just to bash them! Especially something like this, the other poster is right, Ive seen it happen to several people. Taurus has manufactured and sold millions of firearms, theres a lot of happy customers out there that have never had any issues with their firearm, theres a lot of happy customers out there who have had issues and found their customer service to be great and very helpful!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really?....Some people kill me, If you don't like Taurus firearms fine, don't buy them and don't troll the Taurus section of the forum just to bash them! Especially something like this, the other poster is right, Ive seen it happen to several people. Taurus has manufactured and sold millions of firearms, theres a lot of happy customers out there that have never had any issues with their firearm, theres a lot of happy customers out there who have had issues and found their customer service to be great and very helpful!
View Quote

+1
I have a lot of rds. through mine w/o any issues.  I believe every firearms mfg. has a service dept.  Why?  Because any or all of them can have an issue at some time or another.  I'd be more upset if I had just spent $1500-$2,000 on one of the super -duper, nuclear powered whizz bang models and had problems.  And I bet they have their issues as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Its my opinion and im just throwing it out there you dont like it dont read it. Notice i said semi auto as well. So for you ingnorant gun owners ill say i own one of there 357 magnums and it works fine thats a revolver btw in case yall didnt know. I work hard for my money so when i buy something i want it to work. I dont live in momy and daddys basement. Oh the guy that called me a faggot sounds like your having a rough time of the month might i suggest myodol for menstrul cramps.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Reading must be for faggots too. I didn't say you were. I was hinting you should learn to keep your thumb tucked down.
The same way the army taught people to shoot when I was in. Next time you decide to IM try being polite. It was nice of you to inquire a out my grandmother.
She died in her sleep five years ago. She was 98. If you were implying I'm a child you are mistaken.
I also own a pt145. Mine doesnt lock back on a loaded mag. If you had said the trigger had a mushy plastic feel i would of happily agreed. That being said all poly triggers have this issue. Have a great day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I would agree i have never had a problem out of mine. Only time my slide locks back is after the last round is spent.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would agree i have never had a problem out of mine. Only time my slide locks back is after the last round is spent.
View Quote

this

maybe it was Dans troll acount
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe next time youll try trouble shooting with someone instead of being a know it all. Your rigjt reading must be for faggots because i never said anything about your grandmother. You assumed i pushed the slide release up with my thumb and that wasnt the case. Migjt i ad im not the obly one who had trouble with it. Instead of being butt hurt next time why dont you try helping out. Here ill give you a example. Sorry that happened to you man i own one and have never had trouble out of mine. You might of just got a bad one. I wouldnt kick them to curb just yet. Maybe give them another chance because i love mine. There you learned something today how to help and be nice. Btw thabk you for your service have nice day.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Well lets see...

I've owned a PT99 since 1986 with literally thousands of rounds through it. Factory mags, Mec-Gar mags, even the shitty Pro-Mags. Not a single issue...ever.

I also own a PT145,  24/7 OSS .45ACP, and a PT738 TCP, factory mags in those as well. The only issue with any of those 3, is that the TCP has had issues ejecting a live round when clearing the chamber if I don't fire all the rounds. Specifically...cheap ball ammo. No issue with the Ranger T stuff.

My daily carry is the PT145 with Ranger T series ammo. I've never had an issue with this firearm, of any kind. I trust mine, and my wife's life to it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is ok. Never any issues but it does have the sucky plastic trigger.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe next time youll try trouble shooting with someone instead of being a know it all. Your rigjt reading must be for faggots because i never said anything about your grandmother. You assumed i pushed the slide release up with my thumb and that wasnt the case. Migjt i ad im not the obly one who had trouble with it. Instead of being butt hurt next time why dont you try helping out. Here ill give you a example. Sorry that happened to you man i own one and have never had trouble out of mine. You might of just got a bad one. I wouldnt kick them to curb just yet. Maybe give them another chance because i love mine. There you learned something today how to help and be nice. Btw thabk you for your service have nice day.
View Quote

here's a snip from his IM, just so It's not all one sided "How olds your grandmother? ". I don't know why he asked but, well,emmm, fuck him anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top