Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2013 7:24:02 PM EDT
Saw this gun at local store and was impressed for carry gun, especially features for the money - any opinions either way appreciated
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Taurus and I have never had any problems with them or their customer service. They are not in the same class firearm as your Smiths and Glock's and such, but then again they are not in the same price range either. With Taurus not every gun is tested for fit, finish and function, a service that you pay for in the more expensive firearms. Buying a new one you want to really put it to the test quickly, fill out the warranty card and mail it in quickly and do a bunch of shooting with it the first couple months. If there is anything wrong with it in the first 90 days they will pay shipping to send it back for repair. Buying a used one I prefer to either shoot it myself or atleast witness someone shoot it because you do get the proverbial turd in the punch bowl with them every now and then and a lot of people will just dump them on the used market instead of getting them fixed.

There is a lot of Taurus pistols out there and a lot of happy owners, but the ones that get that turd every now and then are the ones who speak the loudest!
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope they have changed the trigger from the PT111 Pro.  There is a mile of take up.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna bump this up with my thoughts.

I saw one at Academy, and thought "Hmm, I haven't seen this before..." so, I asked to see it. Wows a...I've never had a handgun fit my hand so well! I do have smallish hands (but a larger pecker, which makes up for the girly hands...), and this felt like a custom job. The shape and texture of the grip were fantastic. Te sights are plenty big - more than adequate for quick shooting (though I'd prefer Big Dots), and it disappeared under one of my tighter fitting t-shirts. I didn't get to rack the slide or test the trigger. If its anything like my 24/7 then I will be happy.

Price was $359 plus tax at Academy. I am gonna try to hit the next gun show here in Ft. Worth and see what the prices are there...I'm thinking I may find it a few dollars cheaper from one of the bigger vendors and not have to deal with Academy's silly gun purchase process.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried the S&W MP shield, Glock 26 and the PT111 G2 and decided to buy the PT111 G2.  I have been shooting it for a while now.  No malfunctions, easy recoil, very concealable, safe, accurate.  No complains so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top