Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Fobus holster recall? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an older Fobus roto-paddle holster for my Glock. It's ok for range work or screwing around at home. Never thought about using for CCW even before all the talk about being able to rip it off. It just doesn't conceal worth a damn unless you wear a bulky coat all the time. All in all, it's worth the 20 bucks I paid for it 5 years ago as it's held up fine for what I bought it for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
My 2 Fobus holsters work fine.
I find them too bulky for CCW but otherwise they work.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no issue with Fobus holsters.  I trusted one to carry my M9 around various FOB's in Afghanistan, granted when I left the wire my pistol moved up to my body armor mounted Blackhawk Serpa.  

It was plenty comfortable for walking around and sitting down and such(it was belt mounted) and I never worried about my weapon falling out of it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 9:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: magilla12] [#4]
nevermind
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
I dunno.  I have a regular roto-holster for my Glock and my 1911.  I like em a lot for range use.  They slip on and off my belt really easily (they're the paddle style), and function well.  I had some Uncle Mike's kydex ones, and they always hung on my belt when trying to remove them.  They're a decent, cheap range holster, IMO.

Having a paddle holster be hard to take off is not a bad thing IMO. At least you know when you draw your pistol the holster won't come with it. Still, I have a few Fobus holsters and use them for range only holsters. The ones I have stay on well. This also shows people that things CAN get caught in a trigger guard and pull the trigger for those who scoff at grip and manual safeties.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using one for several years now on the range and in the class room. I have three of them and all have had a little dremel work on them to get what I wanted in retention. A side from that I have no complaints on them.
Tom
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I can understand people getting a Fobus for a cheapie range holster or a quick at home or out for a sunday drive holster.  I can barely understand it being used for a everyday conceal holster.  I can't understand getting one for serious uses such as duty holster or even for a undercover holster.

As painfull as spending money can be after blowing all your extra money for a gun, please don't go with the cheapest holster possible.  There are cheaper options then Milt Sparks, Crossbreed, etc, that are still way better quality then Fobus (like Bianchi, Safariland, Gould & Goodrich, etc).  We are only talking a $35 difference between a cheap holster and a quality holster.  The comfort value alone should be worth the $35 difference.  If you can be patient, you can find even better values on used holsters.  Just my two cents at least.

If it matters, I do own a Fobus paddle holster that I bought used for $5.  I use it for a knock around range holster.
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
mine works.no compaints
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
One of the guys I work with "HAD" one. Operative word is "HAD"  We are required to be in uniform but we do not wear full equipment as we are inside and have no physical contact with the public. We must be armed and have everything available in locker. Jim sat down and when he got up the grip of his Glock 22 had caught in the arm of the chair. Holster snapped right off of the belt loop. He didn't even get all the way up when it snapped.
Link Posted: 3/18/2011 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TriggerHappy83:
I've got an older Fobus roto-paddle holster for my Glock. It's ok for range work or screwing around at home. Never thought about using for CCW even before all the talk about being able to rip it off. It just doesn't conceal worth a damn unless you wear a bulky coat all the time. All in all, it's worth the 20 bucks I paid for it 5 years ago as it's held up fine for what I bought it for.

+1

I have a old one also for my P229.
Never used it for CCW
But I did use it  to go mushroom hunting /fishing etc.
or when doing yard work

I use IWB for CCW for the last 25+years
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems like a lot of people don't like the Fobus.  I'm looking for recommendations.  

What would you choose for an open carry holster that is easy-on, easy-off like the Fobus, that isn't overly expensive, and hold the weapon, but makes it easy to get the weapon out.  I'm think USP .45 compacts and Glock 19s.

Is there any that DON'T wear off the pistols finish?  That is my biggest complaint against the Fobus.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a GL2 for my glock 23 post recal and I have had the cant adjustment screw come out twice, the light gets turned on by my work chair or seatbelt and sometimes the strap comes un done too.  So, now for Concealed work my g23 is back in the bladetech and for uniformed duty I am using a safariland ALS.  In addition to it being cheap junk it does not conceal worth a damn, a blackhawk conceals better, heck my bladetech conceals better.  I am saving up for a raven concelment for plain cloths.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I have used Fobus for IDPA several years ago and just walking around the farm or hunting carry. I have no problems and it is very comfortable. But since I bought the Blackhawk Serpa I prefer that overall but I still use the Fobus occasionally. And I will always have some leather holsters.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Are people still having problems with fobus holsters?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The ROTO holster absolutely SUCKS. I do have the "tactical" (for use with light) that is paddle and fits a glock 17. It is fine for carry around the woods. The light switch is NOT covered so it could get turned on but the advantage is you can use ANY light you want. I also have Fobus Paddle holsters for my Glocks, IMO they serve their purpose.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a FOBUS paddle for my CZ75 and my issue is it fits so tight, I can't draw the daggone CZ out...holster and all comes out form my belt...any experience or recommendations of how to reliably get the CZ out without making a mighty fine mess?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#17]
It might be a good idea to try following the manufacturers instructions.  

Link to How to break in a Fobus Holster Video

They have a website too  http://Fobus.biz

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a few paddle type that I occasionally use at the range open carry style.  I do not CCW with them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Madcap72] [#19]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By barrysuperhawk:
FObus haters are Just like Wolf Haters, they cannot be reasoned with or dissuaded.  They feel if you didn't spend as much money as possible or at least much as they did, then you are inferior as a human being.  It's your money, spend it however you like.
View Quote
Fobus holsters earn their rep.
They used to be cool when there was no real competition and they were the only easily found plastic holster.  But now that people are putting out a supirior product in garages all across America, they are amateur hour.
I have two Fobus holsters.  Both have left scars down the side of my pistols from their hobby quality pop rivets.

The 1911 holster is loose as hell where the paddle attaches, it will rip off one day I have no doubt.
The revolver holster, which I bought KNOWING I shouldn't marred up my LNIB M13.  The only reason I didn't shit a brick is I bought the pistol to run hard and shoot.
You can try to defend their lack of give a shit in design, that they basically have not given any added value to while slightly more expensive holsters are magnitudes higher quality by saying "The haters can't be reasoned with" but look in the mirror.  Maybe the haters can't be reasoned with because they know what the fuck is up with theses pieces of shit holster, that are basically just the "Uncle Mikes" of the plastic holster world and it's you that can't be reasoned with due to conformation bias?

The only redeeming feature of the Fobus line is they are cheap.  But they have a lot of negatives for that price.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:15:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coolio] [#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coltshorty14:
Foubus is junk IMO!!!

I had a SIG 229, went to the shop to get a holster, so I decided on a Fobus, I opened the packege, inserted the pistol, and then I could'nt get the gun out of the damned thing... The dealer had to use a dremel to remove the gun, and in the process scratch the picc out of my SIG.. But he took care of that, I did'nt like the sig anyways, but I will never even think of another Fobus pos..
View Quote

This.

I have a Fobus.  I freakin' HATE the thing.  
The Israeli designed kydex holsters have a "snap" type retention that is built in to the very form of the kydex.  To draw, it's necessary to use a very vigorous "snap" type of jerking motion.  AND this has to be done EXACTLY the same way each and every time or you will not be able to pull the gun free from the holster.
This retention system is tailor made to GET YOU KILLED!

It also limits your tactical options.  What if you are in a situation where a more covert, stealthy draw is opportune and to your advantage?.....NOTHING DOING!  You have one and only one drawing option. .......and you better do it "right" (or you will die).

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorCal_LEO] [#21]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Have the gl2  what are they giving in return for the one I have
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#23]
fobus is well known as a crap holster brand. look up video of clint smith yanking it from one of his students when it fails to perform, stomping it to smithereens, then replacing it with a better one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Fobus holster recall? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top