Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 7:58:31 PM EDT
I have been carrying my HK P30L holster in a Raven Concealment OWB holster for 3 years now. It's an amazing holster and is super low profile, hugs the body, and I can wear it in a suit. I was saddened to find Raven no longer makes these holsters and I could not find any used ones that could accommodate a TLR-1 light.

This company called Black Rhino Concealment (BRC) kept popping up on my FB news feed and I saw they had patterns on their holsters. Sweet. I picked an American Flag design and picked options for a TLR-1 light and threaded barrel. Turnaround time was 1 week, Raven had taken 8 weeks.

The BRC holster is almost twice the size of my Raven holster. It curves around the body well enough but boy does it stick out! Still, looks nice.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow that thing does have a big footprint... and sticks out way more than the other... bulky looking.. other than that looks nice..
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Which one did you get? I have one for my Sig P225 A-1 and it does not seem that big. Great holsters though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow that thing does have a big footprint... and sticks out way more than the other... bulky looking.. other than that looks nice..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The footprint is probably the TLR-1 HL light. It is wider than the gun and adds a lot of bulk to the holster. I wish I had a Raven to compare it to.

Quoted:
Which one did you get? I have one for my Sig P225 A-1 and it does not seem that big. Great holsters though.
Mine is for the H&K P30L in 9mm. The light is a TLR-1 HL. Though the holster can accommodate it, the handgun doesn't have a threaded barrel or suppressor sights. I will try to get those eventually and decided to get the holster made for that version of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you contact Raven directly?  A friend of mine knows the owners.  Once they make a holster they have the mold. So he says.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you contact Raven directly?  A friend of mine knows the owners.  Once they make a holster they have the mold. So he says.
View Quote
Raven cut their product line to glock, m&p, and 5" 1911 non railed pistols. Supposedly they're going to expand again in the future. I've started looking elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. I think I sent them an email Wednesday. No response yet.

Looking elsewhere is how I found Black Rhino. I may check out Wolfgar Concealment as they are a local company and have said they could make me an American Flag print holster (apparently they have several).

Another company that caught my interest is Off The Grid holsters. Though they lack designs, their holsters look close to Ravens in style and quality. Plus they offer handcuff holsters and a holster for the Multitasker multitool
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Raven has been my go to for a few years, but when they discontinued their custom line (I'm a lefty and don't have any Glocks/M&Ps right now), I started looking for another kydex holster company. I randomly came across Alex and Ryan Design's stuff on a shelf at one of my LGS and liked what I saw. I'll be ordering one for my CZ soon, I just need to decide what color/pattern kydex.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#8]
JM Custom has been my go to for everything these days. Ordered an AIWB for my P30 yesterday. I asked him if he thought the P30SK would fit and he said he didn't know. I told him I thought it would and ordered it anyway. He's going to expedite my order so I can give him a definitive answer. Normal time is currently 6-7 weeks. Great product.

I'll eventually get a P30L for OWB carry and probably throw a Surefire X-300U on it. He'll be my first choice for a holster. Check him out.

JM Custom kydex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top