Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 9:00:01 AM EDT
How are the XC1s holding up these days? I've read about reliability issues at first, did surefire get their Sh*t together? I've considered getting one for awhile now just to have an EDC light on my gun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 XC1s (1 on a G19.4 and 1 on a Sig P320 Carry).  One was bought new when they first came out and the other was bought used a little while ago.  On both of them the constant on switch quit working.  The momentary on switches still work fine on both.  I am positive Surefire will take care of it but I have not taken the time to call them plus I do not use the constant on switch.  I wish they would allow stuff like this to be handled via e-mail but they require calling.  In light of all of that I will still buy another XC1.  I like the small size and it's easy to conceal.  The momentary on switches are easy to manipulate and the light output is fine for defensive distances.  Once I get finished with a few other projects I plan on buying 2 more (1 for a G23.4 and and 1 for a G29.3).
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got mine back for for the 3rd time.  Never going to buy another, especially now that the apl-c is available. One good thing is Surefire cs has been good but each time I send it back, it take 3/4 weeks to get it back.  It also is not the easiest to take on/off.  Good luck if you get one, I for one will not spend the money on another.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They really seem to be hit or miss... thanks for your input guys!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got mine back for for the 3rd time.  Never going to buy another, especially now that the apl-c is available. One good thing is Surefire cs has been good but each time I send it back, it take 3/4 weeks to get it back.  It also is not the easiest to take on/off.  Good luck if you get one, I for one will not spend the money on another.
View Quote
I've had mine for about 9 months now, and it's about to get it's third trip back to Surefire. I keep having parasitic battery drain issues, after a thousand rounds or so light starts to eat batteries in about a week, with nothing but a two second test twice a day. Mounted on a G19 for whatever that's worth. I noticed this morning the battery was dead again, I'm beginning to lose patience with it to be honest.

I will not be buying another one, that's for damn sure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an RMA on mine. Warranty call took about 12 minutes if I remember correct. Have not shipped it in yet, but probably 50/50 ditching it for the apl-c
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I will not be buying one....
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I have taken some low light classes and the XC-1 was disappointing in its output.  I realize it is small, but the light had no real hot spot and the light was yellow in color.  

I have not seen one in person, but take a look at the Insight APL C.  From what I have read, the light output is better and it is significantly less expensive.

I am not by any means anti-Surefire, I have two X300Us.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I might have to retract my displeasure with my XC1, at the very least my displeasure is on hold.

I called Surefire last night to get another RMA # on my XC1 for shitty battery life (a few days) and some flickering issues, I was told that they have located a problem with the tail caps and have since issued a revision which *should* solve the issue. They're going to send me one instead of me sending my XC1 in to them, and I'll do the swap. With a little luck I'll be happy with it after that. Maybe.

So in theory (I didn't ask, but I should have) if you bought a new XC1 it *should* have the updated tail cap on it and *should* be free of this issue at least.

I've owned quite a few Surefire products in the past and this is the first one that I would put in the "shit" category, so I'm cautiously optimistic that they've recognized their mistake and rectified it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I vote APL-C.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#11]
at this point i am thinking of going with an aplc... Just giving it some time to let the problems arise... haha
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have taken some low light classes and the XC-1 was disappointing in its output. I realize it is small, but the light had no real hot spot and the light was yellow in color.  

I have not seen one in person, but take a look at the Insight APL C.  From what I have read, the light output is better and it is significantly less expensive.

I am not by any means anti-Surefire, I have two X300Us.
View Quote
It's my understanding that the lack of a hot spot is deliberate.

I have a couple that have not given me any problems.   I managed to accidentally turn one on when it was sitting under something and run down the battery, once, but otherwise I have used the crap out of them without a hiccup.   I like having lights that I can go through handfuls of batteries with and not have to care about cost.

They are not full size pistol lights; people should not buy them expecting that sort of performance but apparently some do.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Get the APL-C. Im a huge Surerfire fan, but they really fucked up with the XC1. I had to send mine back due to powering off while shooting. The mount had to be cranked down really tight or the light was lose on my gen 4 G19. The beam sucked too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top