Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 9:15:00 PM EDT
I picked one of these up last week from paletto state armory. So far its not a bad holster. Its built stout and its not as big as it looks. And retains the gun well plus its the fastest way i have found so far to use a suppressed pistol
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Which of the masterfire version lights did you end up buying?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Cyre Precision makes the gun clip that I feel solves this problem better for less.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cyre Precision makes the gun clip that I feel solves this problem better for less.
View Quote
Notice thats not a glock in the picture. the crye only works with a glock plus lets see you reholster one handed without looking how about that red dot? I can use this holster with my fnx-45,sig226,m&p22,or glock 17 just by changing out the light plus the holster was $130. The light was the expensive part

I went with the x300
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Notice thats not a glock in the picture. the crye only works with a glock plus lets see you reholster one handed without looking how about that red dot? I can use this holster with my fnx-45,sig226,m&p22,or glock 17 just by changing out the light plus the holster was $130. The light was the expensive part

I went with the x300
View Quote
I get that is a Sig. My point being SF is kind of late to the party with this solution and the price is They could have came up with something like the gun clip and the user wouldn't be locked into a specific weapon light. It's a neat holster but for the price I just don't get it. Not when there are other options out there. I'm not talking about the gun clip either. Over the years I have seen a few kydex options that allowed the user to leave the suppressor installed. Having played with this set up a long time ago I found I would rather leave my suppressor off the gun anyways. The gunclip works with red dots and is extremely easy to holster. It kind of grabs your gun and holds it in place. I have owned one since they first came out years ago. It's also how I figured out having the suppressor always attached to my pistol was less than optimal. I guess if I were running around like Sam Fisher it would make sense. Still cool set up. Enjoy it.

Not my photo but for reference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I understand and I am not defending the surefire. Ive looked around and have not found one that has fit my wants better. You either have to deal with a strap around the slide or you have to draw the whole gun plussupressor up threw the holster. Surefire is late to the game but better late than never and while its far from my perfect holster it does have alot of features i like. Also if you dont use a can it works like a secure speed holster.

I donl consider 130 bad for a holster. Granted i have a few really nice leather iwbs that cost a good bit more. The light is costly but if youre using this for the suppresser side you already have a good bit tied in the gun anyway

I understand that this is not for everyone i was just giving my input.

P.s i had to look up who sam fisher is.i have never played splinter cell
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I understand and I am not defending the surefire. Ive looked around and have not found one that has fit my wants better. You either have to deal with a strap around the slide or you have to draw the whole gun plussupressor up threw the holster. Surefire is late to the game but better late than never and while its far from my perfect holster it does have alot of features i like. Also if you dont use a can it works like a secure speed holster.

I donl consider 130 bad for a holster. Granted i have a few really nice leather iwbs that cost a good bit more. The light is costly but if youre using this for the suppresser side you already have a good bit tied in the gun anyway

I understand that this is not for everyone i was just giving my input.

P.s i had to look up who sam fisher is.i have never played splinter cell
View Quote
Me neither, Sam Fisher is a character in a Tom Clancy novel.

I found having the suppressor attached to be a hassle. You can not sit down, get in your vehicle and sometimes even kneeling was a problem because the suppressor would hit your back leg. Now I just keep the suppressor in a pouch near the gun. I apply as needed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got a Crye Gun Clip and absolutely love it. Glock 17 Gen 4, RMR, Surefire X400V-IR + Octane 45 HD.

The Gunclip holds it perfectly and I agree, $50 is a great price. I will be modding mine to mount with RTI hardware and I'll post a tutorial shortly.

I am intrigued by the Surefire offering; do you know if I would need a new X400V optimized for the Masterfire or does any X300/X400 work?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
No it needs one thats setup for the masterfire.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Is heat not an issue with pistol suppressors? I burned the hell out of my leg with a suppressed carbine once.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is heat not an issue with pistol suppressors? I burned the hell out of my leg with a suppressed carbine once.
View Quote
These get high marks.

Covers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top