Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 8:19:05 PM EDT
Wanting to shift to carrying with a light full time.  I've got a couple great OWB setups i use in winter months, but need something for the rest of the year.   Specifically looking for something appendix carry.  I typically carry w/o the light in an INCOG or Eidolon.   The Eidolon gets ~85% of the action just because it conceals better for me due to the claw and wedge.   I've tried a Side-car type setup, and just don't like that much across the front of my belt, and prefer to keep my extra magazine in teh same location for IWB and OWB carry.

Any tips on good Appendix rigs for a G19 w/ TLR1?  Bonus points for pics or links.

Thanks -
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This one has gotten really good reviews. It has a built in claw function.

http://www.cncholsters.com/keroman-v2-glock-17-19-22-23-34-35-iwb-kydex-holster/
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks - just ordered one.  Cannot find much on it online, but looks like a solid option.  Will put a review up here after i've gotten a few months of carry with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Switch to a surefire and use a Gotham badiwan.

I just can't carry aiwb without a claw
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Switch to a surefire and use a Gotham badiwan.

I just can't carry aiwb without a claw
View Quote
Yea, I just can't get past the controls on the surefire. Maybe that i started with the TLR series lights, but the momentary control on the surefire is so counter intuitive to me now.  I've tried them and just cannot overcome my familiarity with the TLR series.  But you're right that the Surefire has more holster options -- especially considering the XC1, which i think privides more than enough light power for a CCW gun.  especially compared to the TLR 3, which sucks on a glock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I own both the CNC and the original version of the Gotham.

I carry the CNC 90% of the time.

The CNC has a kydex wedge and claw molded into the holster to aid in concealment. my CNC also came with both soft loops and overhooks. For me, the overhooks sat just right. I love being able to get a full grip on the gun and the fit and finish is pretty dang good. Clark Trost (owner of CNC) was also much more pleasant to speak with regarding questions I had about the holster vs. my comms with bawidamann.

Finally, the biggest thing the CNC has going for it is the trigger coverage. It is the best fitting light bearing holster that I've ever used. Can't even slip a pinkie in there.

That being said, the Gotham conceals just a teeny bit better for me, most likely due to the physical claw. Now I have the gen 1 and I've been told the gen 2 is a bit better, but the gap between the Kydex and the trigger is concerning for me. I can slip a finger in and pull the trigger while the gun is holstered and that just gives me a big mental pause with a gun pointed at my johnson.

For reference, both holsters were used with a g19 w/ an x300u
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an Armiger Solutions holster with my Glock 19 and TLR-1 but his website isn't up anymore.  I am not sure what I would go with now.  

I am kind of transitioning over the the Raven Vanguard 2 after buying one for my Glock 43.  On the other hand I love having a light on my gun.  It makes low light shooting so much easier than doing it one-handed. 
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
My Trex Arms Raptor just shipped so I'll have it soon. I've been using a Raven minimalist that mounts to the light and its ok but doesn't allow for safe reholstering.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My Trex Arms Raptor just shipped so I'll have it soon. I've been using a Raven minimalist that mounts to the light and its ok but doesn't allow for safe reholstering.
View Quote
You have the Raptor yet?  I'm looking at that now...trying to decide if that's going to work for me.

I ordered the Keroman V2, but am about to ship it back.  The design/fit/finish is great.... but retention is flat out dangerous.  The way they do the tension is  over the bezel of the light best i can tell.  Tightening the retention screw all the way down the gun still freely slides in and out for 3/4 of an inch, basically the length of the light bezel on the TLR1.   I carried the holster for ~ 2 hours.  I picked my 9 month old up and her foot drug the grip of the gun and pulled it out of the holster.  

Really disappointed.  This holster looks great, love the mounting options, etc. The finish and design are awesome, though i would like a bit more to the "wedge" component.  Unfortunately the retention issue was a killer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You have the Raptor yet?  I'm looking at that now...trying to decide if that's going to work for me.

I ordered the Keroman V2, but am about to ship it back.  The design/fit/finish is great.... but retention is flat out dangerous.  The way they do the tension is  over the bezel of the light best i can tell.  Tightening the retention screw all the way down the gun still freely slides in and out for 3/4 of an inch, basically the length of the light bezel on the TLR1.   I carried the holster for ~ 2 hours.  I picked my 9 month old up and her foot drug the grip of the gun and pulled it out of the holster.  

Really disappointed.  This holster looks great, love the mounting options, etc. The finish and design are awesome, though i would like a bit more to the "wedge" component.  Unfortunately the retention issue was a killer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got it, worn it for a few days. I really like it. With the narrow clip you can get it to sit pretty high which is the secret to comfy AIWB IMHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top