Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 10:52:35 AM EDT
First post here, not really a long time lurker, just sort of found the site.

Anyways, I bought a Glock 19 a while back, and Ive been wanting to buy a suppressor for it. People ive been talking to are just telling me to wait until Trump passes the Hearing Protection act, and I dont have the patience to wait till next election year.

Now, this may get a lot of groans from people, but after do some quick looking around, HOLY HELL IN A HANDBASKET, I could buy another pistol and a half for what some cost. And as that is without the $200 tax stamp. Yeah, no…

So, to the point of this post, are there any affordable suppressor cans that still function quite well? I really dont want to spend $800 + the tax stamp on a suppressor, even if its a good one, if there is a $300 suppressor that does just as good of job. And really, its more a desire to not have to wear ear protection. Not looking to increase performance or have some morbid fantasy of becoming Agent 47, just quiet it up some.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
For that price, consider making your own...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Got $90?

Other than that Rebel^ playing NFA games is not budget friendly.

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Huh, I will look into that... and yeah, I can definitely see that...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If an $800 suppressor costs 1 1/2 times the price of a handgun, then you must be buying some really cheap (crappy) handguns. Even a CZ 75B (a really good yet cheaply priced handgun) will run you about $660. That comes out to about $1,000 at your 1 1/2 times pricing. And to answer your question, No. You're not going to find a decent suppressor for $300. Unless you want one for a rimfire .22 pistol.

Oh, and if you really want a suppressor for a centerfire cartridge pistol like a Glock 17 which doesn't require the wearing of ear plugs or muffs, then you're not going to find one. I have a Silencerco Osprey that I have used on a Glock 17 and it was still loud and needed the use of ear plugs. Funny thing is, I can comfortably shoot my AAC rifle suppressor on any of my rifles from 5.56 to .308 and I don't need ear plugs (as long as I am shooting outside and not in an indoor range because the concrete walls/floor amplifies the muzzle blast to very uncomfortable levels).
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If an $800 suppressor costs 1 1/2 times the price of a handgun, then you must be buying some really cheap (crappy) handguns. Even a CZ 75B (a really good yet cheaply priced handgun) will run you about $660. That comes out to about $1,000 at your 1 1/2 times pricing. And to answer your question, No. You're not going to find a decent suppressor for $300. Unless you want one for a rimfire .22 pistol.
View Quote
I think that depends on the used gun market in your area.  I picked up my Glock 19 with Night sights, a holster and 5 mags for $325 a couple years ago.  Glock 17 w/ a night sights, match barrel and 4 mags followed it for $425.  

OP, I'm with you -- i really want to get into the suppressor game, but not at the price point or with NFA involved.  I'm waiting for HPA to pass then will be building my own suppressors, though the Rebel is very tempting at $99+mounting apparatus.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, I'm going to level with you.  If you are going to wait for the HPA, you are going to be disappointed.  While I hope and am making calls and writing letters to assist in the fight, as I survey the battlefield over this one, I am not optimistic on this one.

The Dems are dying on EVERY hill and they fight dirty party first politics.  Unless we get a 60 vote majority in '18, it ain't gonna happen.

In the meantime, there are some ways to get into the suppressor game.
1.  Silencershop has a sale going with Gemtech offering a $200 in store certificate with the purchase of a can.
2.  We have a Build Your Own subforum if you want to save money through sweat-equity.

Even if the HPA passes, supply/demand and materials will still keep prices high.  You'll only save $175-180 on the stamp (includes cost of transfer on a 4473) and no wait time.

If you want a can, I'd just fo.  If you want to hold off on something, hold off on a trust if you think that the HPA will happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top