Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:08:19 PM EDT
I'm looking for a molle compatible and/or drop-leg type holster for a Colt M45A1, no light.   Preferably with retention

My son owns this pistol, but no holster.  He's wanting to use the pistol in a run-n-gun coming up.  He'll be wearing his USMC issued molle belt so something that will work with that would be good.  It seems Safariland used to make a drop-leg retention holster which would probably work for him, but I've not see it for sale anywhere.

Y'all have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-Jim
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a molle compatible and/or drop-leg type holster for a Colt M45A1, no light.   Preferably with retention

My son owns this pistol, but no holster.  He's wanting to use the pistol in a run-n-gun coming up.  He'll be wearing his USMC issued molle belt so something that will work with that would be good.  It seems Safariland used to make a drop-leg retention holster which would probably work for him, but I've not see it for sale anywhere.

Y'all have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-Jim
View Quote

Try a safariland vendor called "holster ops", I've bought a bunch of gear from them and they have a ton of inventory.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered a holster from then for my colt combat unit which uses the same frame. I got the light equiped model but they make one for just the gun too. It's a special order item so the lead time is a little lengthy. I got the part numbers here. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=4275
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips.  Called but they were probably gone for the day.  Email sent.  What kind of lead-time did you get?  The kid is looking for something to use on 4/29 so I suspect we might have to go to plan B if it's a typical multi-month wait for a custom holster run...
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Safarifland ALS

Mid ride drop

I really like the issued MOLLE belt, except you are limited on ways to attach holsters directly to it. I would recommend wearing the holster on the pants belt with the above belt adapter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safarifland ALS

Mid ride drop

I really like the issued MOLLE belt, except you are limited on ways to attach holsters directly to it. I would recommend wearing the holster on the pants belt with the above belt adapter.
View Quote
Thank you sir.  Apparently I missed both.  First link is sold, second doesn't work for me.  I've been very happy with the ALS for my G19.  Will that holster definitely fit the M45A1 with the larger rail? 

Will that setup also work with the MOLLE belt such that the Holster rides under/over the belt?  He's wanting to carry his AR/pistol mags, pistol, dump pouch etc. all on the belt for this race so he doesn't need to wear a chest-rig.

Is this what you were linking on ebay or something similar?   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MF48AQ?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes. Your link is what I tried to link to.
Yes I wear it under the issued USMC MOLLE belt with no issues.
If it says it's for a railed 1911 it should fit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
For future reference, the Colt M45A1 does not fit  the stock Safariland 6378 ALS as sold for the Springfield/other railed 1911s.  The Colt is too large.

I know this because the kid got in a hurry and ordered one from Amazon before I could finish getting those details from HolsterOps... Another holster for the drawer...  Or maybe I need to get myself a rail-gun!  ;)

Tom @ HolsterOps has been quite helpful.  They can custom fit one to the gun and will be taking care of us once I can get a few details back from the kid.   I suspect we'll get him a QLS setup on a drop-belt adapter to wear under the molle belt as suggested.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a good point. I forgot the colts have a bigger rail
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Received a fitted ALS holster from HolsterOps today.  Fits perfectly.  Smooth in and out.  Positive retention click going in.  Solid holster.  Just waiting for the rest of the parts at this point.

Ended up ordering this kit as a custom order to fit the M45: https://holsterops.com/products/rogers-recommended-tactical-holster-1911-style-handguns
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Just wanted to say thanks again for the HolsterOps referral.  They were great to work with and the holster turned out great.

Pics for reference:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top