Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 9:55:43 AM EDT
Does anybody know what's going on at Bravo Concealment ? They've dropped their entire custom line of holsters .
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They must have done this in the last couple months.  I bought a holster for my FNX 45 Tactical from them a little while back...left hand, with light, with extended barrel, with Burris FF3 red dot sight.  It took five or six weeks to get it but they did make it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow!  They dropped their offerings down a lot.  No more holsters for the SIG P320 listed.  

I have a couple of their OWB made for the P320 45 Compact.  They were one of the few kydex makers that made holsters for the 45acp P320 Compact.  

Had them make up a OWB P320 45C w/XC1 late last year.  Guess that holster is a rare one now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I found that out recently also. Ordered a new handgun and tried to place an order for a RTT on their site. Didn't see it listed so I called them...at this point I didn't noticed they had dropped the firearm that I have from their holster lineup. Person I spoke to told me no more RTT holsters are being made. I didn't think nothing of it so I went back to the site to just order a regular OWB and that is when I noticed they didn't have my gun option. I called them back and spoke to the same person and was told they are not making any more custom ho9lsters and that it was a "management decision". I am very disappointed, I have bought three holsters from them and wanted to buy two more. But now they don't make what I want. The most recent holster I purchased from them came in a newer style box and looks a lot different that the first two. You can tell they are not making them like they used to. Seems from their site and the holster that they are now just stamping them out with a machine. I think they changed their process to make more money and to decrease the lead time. Now all their holsters are shipped within 3-5 days according to their website. I also think the change was brought about due to the negative ratings they have received on facebook due to the holsters taking a long time to be made. Guess not all people want to wait for a quality product. Also there are endless people on facebook just giving them one star reviews due to the fact that they don’t make a holster for their particular gun…..please don’t be that guy.

Bottom line: I am disappointed and now have moved to another maker for all my kydex needs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Raven did the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
What a let down . I bought 4 of their holsters in the last few months including a custom model . All are perfect workmanship and the price was excellent .
Now  I want one for my M9 and P30L and don't know where to look .
Anybody got a link to some quality kydex holster makers ?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup I emailed them after being told by Raven Concealment that they no longer offer what I was looking for.  Seems both changed up the way they are doing things.  I think I am gonna try out Black Rhino Concealment
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up ordering my new stuff from Riz Gear. I will post a review as soon as I get it and the gun, gun may take a while as it is backordered.

https://www.rizgear.com/
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody try holsters by KT-Mech ?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
No clue about Bravo, but the 2 orders I had with them were a clusterfuck. For the price they ask, there are a lot of better kydex holster makers out there.

For kydex, I would recommend IBX Tactical

He doesn't post a lot, but he is an Arfcommer. I've got quite a few holsters and mag carriers from him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know, but I've had a single mag pouch on order from Bravo since January 20th!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered one for a P320C back in November.  It took quite some time to get it and I'm not impressed with it.  I thought I read that it came with both the regular belt loops and pancake loops, but mine only came with the belt loops which are a bit uncomfortable for me.  I sold off the P320C, so I have a holster that was used less than the amount of time to make it.  I'm going to try out leather next...
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No clue about Bravo, but the 2 orders I had with them were a clusterfuck. For the price they ask, there are a lot of better kydex holster makers out there.

He doesn't post a lot, but he is an Arfcommer. I've got quite a few holsters and mag carriers from him.
View Quote

Checked out the IBX website . Products look good but I wouldn't want a holster with that big logo on the front .
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used many different makers of holsters. Now a place local makes them. Kydex with neoprene backing.

Good holsters here

I have 2 of the IWB and they are comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody try holsters by KT-Mech ?
View Quote

Actually I just received a Akela Light holster for my G34 w/ TLR-1HL  yesterday.

I have not had a chance to use it at all, but just looking at it, it looks well made. I like that this holster will accept any Safailand, Bladetech or Blackhawk accessory mount on it.  I put a Safariland paddle on mine.

I will tell you that their Customer Service is AMAZING!!!

I ordered a holster (regular Akela) for a gun. I was told 2 week lead time.  Part way through, I decided to not keep that gun so I e-mailed them asking if my holster hadn't been started yet, could I change it for something else (but if it had already been started, not to worry about it).  They replied that my holster was actually finished and was shipping that day.  They asked why I wanted to change my order.  I told them I already sold the gun and didn't need it, but to just ship me the holster and I would sell it. I ordered it, so I would take it and sell it.  Without any hesitation, they asked me what holster I needed (I needed an Akela Light bearing holster) and that they would just invoice me for the difference. My new holster was shipped in 3 days.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Checked out the IBX website . Products look good but I wouldn't want a holster with that big logo on the front .
View Quote

You can request no logo. I've also had some other stuff embossed on holsters. Crusader cross, Nazarene's symbol, Chiefs arrowhead. Or just straight up no embossing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:00:14 AM EDT
[#16]
KT Mech is solid. I have one for my G19/X300U. Quality is great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah what I don't get is no left hand options screw that
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
RKBA holsters are nice kydex.  He is also a member. I seem to recall the belt loops are injection molded.

At the moment, I am using JM Custom kydex holsters. I have a couple IWB3, an AIWB "George," and an OWB2.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:01:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I go to JM Custom Kydex for my OWB stuff. Got an OWB1 for my G19 and another for my P220. Excellent quality. Took 8 weeks but it's a small operation. Plenty of handgun options plus light options, 3 cant options, 3 sweat guard option, like 6 colors, 2 ride heights. And that's just for the OWB1. It comes pretty much perfectly tailored for you. And they're extremely concealable. My P220 conceals as well OWB in this holster as it does IWB while being way more comfortable. I'll be getting another for my CZ-75BD if I don't buy leather.

JM Custom Kydex OWB1

I can't recommend them enough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:23:14 AM EDT
[#20]
They did this the last week in February.  I figured out what I wanted on a Monday, went to order on Tuesday with Bravo and the options were GONE...!!  Wanted a holster for a S&W Shield 45ACP.  Ended up spending my money at On your 6 Designs.  Holster is really nice but they messed up one of my mag carriers.  It's going back.

Really wanted a Bravo, but oh well........
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a couple of IWB Gearcraft holsters. They are decent for just a basic IWB holster.  I chose them because they were having a sale and they had 2 of my guns with light attachment options. XDS w/ TLR4 and G26 w/ TLR6. There were a very hard combo to find with those 2 combos under 1 manufacturer. I've had mine for several months now and no complaints.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Raven and Bravo went the way of more profit for less work. They are just another random holster maker now. :(

KT Mech stuff is GOOD btw. I have a few of their holsters setup for lights and RMR's. The fit and finish is GREAT!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I've used KT Mech with God results. I also really like Kaluban Cloak. They make Griffin Industries holsters. Off The Grid holsters are GTG as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a couple of IWB Gearcraft holsters. They are decent for just a basic IWB holster.  I chose them because they were having a sale and they had 2 of my guns with light attachment options. XDS w/ TLR4 and G26 w/ TLR6. There were a very hard combo to find with those 2 combos under 1 manufacturer. I've had mine for several months now and no complaints.
View Quote

GREAT holsters, made not far from me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I am getting tired of the constant spam from Bravo Concealment. I have received four emails in the past day in a half about a limited edition Glock 17 holster, six emails total this week from them. The other two were about Glock 26 holsters. I finally just unsubscribed. Last year I bought a holster and mag pouch for my 92A1 with a Surefire X300U. They did an excellent job but really I have been very happy with KT Mech and Ares Tactical, I don't see a reason to order from anyone else for the time being. I just ordered a holster from KT Mech for my M&P 2.0 5" with a Surefire X300U.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]
How about......
Squared Away Customs
Tactical Justice
Vedder Holsters
1441Gear
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am getting tired of the constant spam from Bravo Concealment...
View Quote
You weren't the only one.  

I'll send my business to Fury Holsters.  They make a nice P320 45C holster.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I always carried bravo concealment holsters but I went to buy one today saw no sig options and found this thread. Thanks to you guys I now have KT holster and Mag carrier on the way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Shame this is the direction they've decided to go.  Glad I got my P07 holster already.  And yeah, their emails are out of fucking control, unsubscribed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I looked light holsters for the FiveSeven are gone on both sites, I guess I have a collectors piece now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shame this is the direction they've decided to go.  Glad I got my P07 holster already.  And yeah, their emails are out of fucking control, unsubscribed.
View Quote
Hell Raven is in that direction too. It wont be long. Thankfully there are so many other great holster makers picking up the slack for much less $$ there's really no reason to buy from them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#32]
meh for the price the big boys have charged(bravo, raven) i guess i have never understood the hype anyways compared to the smaller shops listed. guess im not tacticool enough to be affected......
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
meh for the price the big boys have charged(bravo, raven) i guess i have never understood the hype anyways compared to the smaller shops listed. guess im not tacticool enough to be affected......
View Quote
Guess it depends on what "smaller shop" you are referring to. I have bought stuff from small operations that was not the quality of a company like Bravo. Many small shops seem to use thinner kydex and crappy generic belt loops. Shame on Bravo for dropping left handed and custom options but their stuff is still top notch. I was able to snag up a "used" left handed holster off of Armslist for a screaming deal, as I don't think the gentleman knew what a "collectors piece" he had.

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Guess it depends on what "smaller shop" you are referring to. I have bought stuff from small operations that was not the quality of a company like Bravo. Many small shops seem to use thinner kydex and crappy generic belt loops. Shame on Bravo for dropping left handed and custom options but their stuff is still top notch. I was able to snag up a "used" left handed holster off of Armslist for a screaming deal, as I don't think the gentleman knew what a "collectors piece" he had.

Your mileage may vary.
View Quote
You need to shop on eBay. You are lucky left handed holsters are typically deeply discounted on there. I just paid $75 for a Safariland holster that had I been wrong handed would have cost me $22.

I agree about some of the smaller holster makers. They are not all created equal. I have a closet filled with failed or poor quality holsters. When I find a good holster maker I try to stick with them. Right now for me that is KT Mech or Ares Tactical. I try to go to Ares first since he is a fellow Arf member but if he doesn't make a holster for a gun I have I normally can find it at KT Mech. I have some really cool one off custom pieces made for me over the years by Ares Tactical. My favorites are my Coyote Tanker holster for my M9 and my Kydex shoulder holsters made for my Glocks with Surefire X300Us.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the KT Mech recommendation. I ordered an OWB for a Glock 19 and a gun belt for less than $80.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Great. I just ordered one for my Beretta Nano from KT Mech. I should get a shipping notification this week from them for my M&P 2.0 holster and mag pouch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Received my KT mech holster and double mag pouch for my sig m11a1 today and they are AWESOME. Both items are lower profile than my bravo concealment holsters and mag pouches, they each have adjustable retention, and they cost less than the Bravo concealment or Raven concealment counterparts. If I am still this impressed after carrying it for a few months this may be my new goto manufacturer, thanks for recommending them as I had never heard of them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Just received my KT-Mech holster for my P30 . Not up to the quality level of my Bravo holsters . Yes the KT costs less but you can see it in their finish work . Edges on the Bravo's are more nicely finished and the Bravo's have rivets on the bottom edge which keep the seams together when a gun is holstered.
On the KT when a gun is in it the bottom seam opens up . Little things but they are obvious.
Don't get me wrong . The KT is nice for the price and mine is just a range holster but the Bravo is all around a nicer finished product.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just received my KT-Mech holster for my P30 . Not up to the quality level of my Bravo holsters . Yes the KT costs less but you can see it in their finish work . Edges on the Bravo's are more nicely finished and the Bravo's have rivets on the bottom edge which keep the seams together when a gun is holstered.
On the KT when a gun is in it the bottom seam opens up . Little things but they are obvious.
Don't get me wrong . The KT is nice for the price and mine is just a range holster but the Bravo is all around a nicer finished product.
View Quote
Pretty much my exact sentiment. Ordered a G43 holster from KT Mech. Bravo's finish work is better but they don't offer left hand holsters anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe KTs QC is slipping with the popularity. My other KT Mech holsters look great. The fit and finish is great. I am waiting on two holsters and two mag pouches from them right now for my G19/X300U and Beretta Nano. I hope they look as good as my other.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:41:58 AM EDT
[#42]
I just wish Bravo offered more choices. I've owned a few holsters from them and they've all been exceptional. Great retention, which I struggle to find for carry guns with lights, decent concealment, and finished extremely well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought 2 holsters of Bravo Concealment over the years both have been much lower quality than the RC, GCode, and ARF manufactures.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
If anybody at the NRA show sees Bravo Concealment please tell them how bad they suck for dropping 80% of their line .
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Has anybody tried KT mechs universal counter strike line, might pick one up for a compact polymer 80 glock. Also and feedback on the their gun belts and/or their molle belt 26 dollars if quality is pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can vouch for ibx, I had a g19 holster from him, good stuff, very comperable to my 3 bravo concealment holsters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top