Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 10:37:32 PM EDT
I'd like to see some pictures showing the view through the auto-adjust RMRs (3.25 MOA dot in particular) indoors with any weapon lights.  I remember seeing one person post a few in the Glock forum, but can't find them.  I previously had an RM07 and had no issues with it washing out with the Surefire XC1 or Inforce APL.  I don't have the RM07 anymore and have since switched to the much brighter Streamlight TLR-1 HL (800 lumens).  I'm interested in going back to the RMR and am concerned that the TLR-1 HL will wash out the dot on auto-adjust in a dark room.  Yes, I understand that many people leave their optics on a setting bright enough to not wash out, but I'm only interested in using a pistol optic with an auto-adjust feature in that mode.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a picture but I can tell you my RM07 will wash out on a light surface in an environment where the weapon light is the only illumination. Dark surfaces are okay and even low ambient light will bump the auto-adjust up enough that it's not a problem. But complete dark, weapon light only against a light surface, the dot pretty much disappears.

The upside is this exact (and somewhat rare) scenario where the dot "fails" also provides a perfect silhouette of your irons.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an RM07, an XC1 and an X300U, I'll try to get a few pics for you this evening.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I think wash out from a weapons mounted light is a real concern for those that carry a with an optic.  Most folks really don't practice in low light either.  Good point guys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a m&p core and rmr08 (6moa) and thr-HL. I had similar concerns about buying an red dot pistol. After I got it, I've found that it really just depends on the reflection/bounce back from the tlr. Distance, material,texture, color all affect it.

If the dot gets washed out, my front sight is a black shadow so it gets picked up next. (Factory suppressor height sights. Black sharpied the rear, front still has white dot.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, which part of Texas are you located at? If Houston/Spring. You can come look see mine
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My X300U will wash out my RM01. I use co-witnessed suppressor height sights for this reason.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
RM07 washes out on auto-adjust with a TLR-1 (300 lumen). However, it is overcome by cranking the brightness.

Dual Illuminated RMRs wash out with TLR-1 and have no option to adjust the brightness.

Chalk up the wash out to a current shortcoming of pistol red dots and transition down to your irons.

I still wouldn't hesitate to equip an RM07.. just understand its down falls.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I went ahead and bought the RM06, and I don't think wash out is going to be an issue.  From about 8 feet away, pointing at a white door, none of my lights (original X300, XC1, APL, TLR-1 HL) washed out the dot on auto-adjust mode.  The TLR-1 HL did take an extra split second to pick up compared to the other lights.  With the lower output lights, I could see the dot in the dark and maintain sight of it while activating the light.  With the TLR-1 HL, I lose the dot briefly when the light is activated, then pick it back up.  I wasn't able to get a good picture of the view through the RMR for anyone else that might be interested, but I'm happy with the results.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top