Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 12:33:10 PM EDT
I carried concealed in Florida using a Uncle Mikes IWB holster. That was several years ago. To make a long story short, I am getting back into concealed carry, but due to job change (hence I now live in Nebraska) and my regular attire for that job, I am needing something that I can tuck in my dress shirts (either ones that I wear ties with or just button down or tuck in collard shirts and dress pants). The Uncle Mikes that I used worked great but I could not tuck in my shirt with that. So I have done some looking around on AR15 and ran across several holster makes. I have looked at those holsters. I have chosen the ones that have the best warranty, in some cases the best price, as well as what I am looking for. Now I need thoughts from the community. I will post the links to my choices and a poll. If you have used these or a combination of several, please let me know in the poll. If you suggest one that are in these lines please post that below so I can look at it. If you know of one that has the standards that I looked for in these, please post that as well and I will look at it. thanks again and I look forward to seeing your thoughts.

Here is what I have found and am leaning toward and they are not in order of my preferences.  (I have looked at Foxx, Kydex, PJ, KT, Vedder, etc but their warrenties were not as good as these below).

Stealth Gear - Mini; or if someone would help me know the purpose of the Appendix and why it would be better (the appendix has the same link as the mini).
Alien Gear - Cloak Tuck
Black Arch - Either the Protos-M with the breathable Dri-Matrix or the Ace-1 Gen 2
Cross Breed - Quick Ship SuperTuck; or the SuperTuck Delux
Comptac - Spartan Holster
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I wear business casual just about every day during the week. Collard dress shirt tucked in, nice jeans or khakis, and dress shoes or something of the like. I carry my AG Cloak Tuck 3.0 with a G43 every day and with the exception of those I hang out with outside of the office, nobody knows I carry nor has noticed. 

I would go this route however once you get it suited the way you like, locktite the bolts as they will loosen over time. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wear business casual just about every day during the week. Collard dress shirt tucked in, nice jeans or khakis, and dress shoes or something of the like. I carry my AG Cloak Tuck 3.0 with a G43 every day and with the exception of those I hang out with outside of the office, nobody knows I carry nor has noticed. 

I would go this route however once you get it suited the way you like, locktite the bolts as they will loosen over time. 
View Quote

Thank you for the suggestion of the Locktite. I will do that for sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not listed, but would take a look at. I've had two of these over the last 10 years (1st one lasted about 7 years, replacement going on 3) and I really like them.  Once they are broken in, you don't even know they are there, and I have yet to be "outed".  Daily carry Glock 30, sometimes shirt tucked, most often not.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk-iwb-holster_8_7_1176.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not listed, but would take a look at. I've had two of these over the last 10 years (1st one lasted about 7 years, replacement going on 3) and I really like them.  Once they are broken in, you don't even know they are there, and I have yet to be "outed".  Daily carry Glock 30, sometimes shirt tucked, most often not.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk-iwb-holster_8_7_1176.html
View Quote

I looked at the Galco that you linked. It looks good but what I couldn't find was the warranty. Do you know what it is? I can be hard on my equipment (I wore out two and a half boots in about a year and a half or so) so warranty is always a big question for me.   
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
What gun?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What gun?
View Quote
I am thinking a Shield 9. I have had great results with my full size so I am happy with the firearm.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you to all who voted! I appreciate the input. I see that the CrossBreed Super Tuck is pretty popular but I am torn now between the AG Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the CrossBreed. Super tuck. As I have been looking at the two options, I have been reading a few reviews and the answers to these will help me decide.

On the CrossBreed:
1. I have read that I should get the Horsehair leather. The reason was that it would leave rust on my slide if I didn't. Is this true? If not, is the extra money worth it?
2. What type of belt hooks come with the holster
3. I see that they offer two different type hooks to add on. The V - pair and the J- hook. Either option is $10 dollars more. What clips come with it and is there a noticeable difference between the standard and these?
4. I am also wanting to know about the combat cut. I am leaning toward it (less holster to get in the way) but I need to know if the extra 7.50 is really worth it from those who have tried both.

On the AG:
1. Do they offer the combat cut?
2. The standard hooks, from some commenters, state that the hooks may become a little flimsy. Is this true? Some also argue that they seem cheap. Yes, no?
3. I have seen some say that the holster seems to loosen its grip on the gun over time. Is this also true?

Thanks for the help with these. I don't mind spending a little more money, but if I do, I want to get what will work best. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The AG isn't cheap at all. Thick kydex and quality leather if you go that route. You can't beat the warranty. The standard is like the combat cut option on others. I've heard of screws loosening but other than that after a year and a half of carrying G19 everyday it is a quality holster. It has adjustable retention so no it never looses grip on gun. It also comes with a kit of extra rubber bushings of different widths , screws of different lengths, and washers. You WILL NOT be sorry. By far most comfortable holster... I forget my G19 is even there from day one without breaking in. But if you don't like it... simply send it back and get money back. I have different shells for mine so I have a few holsters for the price of one of other brands. I highly recommend. None of your concerns will be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
The only reason the screws back out is because the rubber bushings get compressed in the belt... that's all. Nothing a little locktite won't fix but I really tightened my screws and they haven't backed out in 1 1/2 years of everyday carry. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]
On the AG, I notice that they had a lot of options for clips. Go with the nylon or get the steel?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Edit: No longer recommend
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Alien Gear 3.0
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you all for your input. I am leaning, after talking with the company as well as reading these comments, toward the 3.0 cloak tuck. It seems to be pretty solid. I was originally looking at the Crossbreed, but with the ability to change out the shells, the extra back padding, and the statements on the CS I am really leaning toward AG. Not to mention the price point is better ! It seems though that I should just go straight for the steel clips and bypass the nylon. Unless there is a reason (other than the docking station that they sell) that I shouldn't
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Stealthgear "Ventcore" Mini. the revolutions are not getting the great reviews the ventcore line does.
I have one for my shield my 9c and my Xdm 3.8C .45.
I also have a Flex for each of the 3. I tried a few other holsters before I decided to part with the $$ for one of these and
I've  never looked back. IMO the Rolls royce of hybrid holsters.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Update:

Today I purchased the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 with the accompanying mag holder. I did have to change things around just a little due to my firearm options available to me at this time. Instead of concealing the M&P9 shield, I am going to attempt to conceal the M&P9 FS. I have looked at the positions that I can carry and I think the 4:30 to 5:00 is going to be best but I will find out. I will let you all know what I think when it comes it. I may not get it for about a week or so and I am also going to be off line and out of state for about a week as well. As soon as I get back, I will let you all know.

Thank you so much for all the advice. It seems that Alien Gear is very highly rated and I have already experienced their CS. They seem to be really good. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I have returned from vacation and my holster came. My first impression is that it is really well built. Very comfortable. I do have to wear the holster at the 4:30 - 5:00 position in order to conceal, and maybe even buy paints just a tad bigger than I normally would get. But other than that, I am concealing a full size M&P! The advice was great and I am very estatic. When I legally am able to do so, I will be carrying out in public.

I will, however, return my mag holder. After putting the holder and the holster on, it really makes it uncomfortable to carry. I guess I will just carry my extra mag in a pocket or something like that. I will be contacting AG on Monday and seeing about returning the mag. Other than that, I love the holster. It is comfortable to sit and walk around. I didn't think it was even possible to conceal a FS...guess I learn something new everyday.

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top