Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2017 3:14:53 PM EDT
I just had a holster made for my XDS 4.0 with a TLR-4 attached. It is from Osborn Holsters and is the single clip hybrid holster. I just received tho holster and noticed that it is considerably harder to re-holster my xds with the light mounted depending on the carry position. The package does say the holster needs to be broken inThis is the first time I have ever had a light mounted on a handgun. Not sure if the issue is with the holster itself, the light or a combination of both that I need to try and get used to. I have been using a Hybrid holster from Gavin and it's great, but won't accept my light. Wanted some feedback from others who use weapon mounted lights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You shouldn't have any troubles holstering just because of the weaponlight. Is the kydex thin? If so, your belt may be tight enough that it is slightly compressing the kydex and making it harder to holster.

Also some people like to lead the light in first since it is the widest part of the gun, and then rotate the muzzle in as they holster. You could also try that and see if it works better.

EDIT: just realized it is a hybrid holster, so in that case it may actually need to be broken in until the backer material softens and conforms to the shape of the gun/light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top