Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 10:03:07 PM EDT
I don't go out often lately so I don't want to spend a ton of money on a holster.  That said, I've noticed my Galco Speed paddle holster for my SP101 kinda pokes out at a 45 degree angle these days.

Anyone have a recommendation on a better carry method?  Beyond 'lose weight, fatass' I mean.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Pocket carry?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pocket carry?
View Quote

Kinda big for a pocket carry, that and I really doubt most of my pants have pockets big enough.  I had considered a shoulder rig, but that would just be goofy for a 2" .357
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Either a different gun (single stack 9) or the Sneaky Pete.

ETA: nevermind, the sneaky pete isn't made for the sp101... i don't know if theh do custom orders though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Fat guy here.  I don't know about a revolver, due to the shape; the cylinder bulging out seems like it would make IWB hard.
I always hated IWB because it just wasn't as comfortable as OWB; however, the "Low Rider" kydex holster was comfortable.  
Even at my biggest, 5'10" and 310lbs, it wasn't as hard as I thought to carry IWB.
Generally the thinner the better RM380 > G43 but the VP9 felt better than the G19 (despite my having spent $60 more on the G19 holster).

Note: I also think the "Silent Thunder" guy might make holsters for revolvers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fat guy here.  I don't know about a revolver, due to the shape; the cylinder bulging out seems like it would make IWB hard.
I always hated IWB because it just wasn't as comfortable as OWB; however, the "Low Rider" kydex holster was comfortable.  
Even at my biggest, 5'10" and 310lbs, it wasn't as hard as I thought to carry IWB.
Generally the thinner the better RM380 > G43 but the VP9 felt better than the G19 (despite my having spent $60 more on the G19 holster).

Note: I also think the "Silent Thunder" guy might make holsters for revolvers.
View Quote

I usually carry owb since I'm always either wearing baggy shirts or a jacket.  I'll have to check out Silent Thunder though. 

No budget for another gun, let alone ammo, so I'm going with what I have.  The ideal plan is to just lose weight, but I'm waiting on docs to say it won't kill me. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a gut and carry in a galco king tuk at w2 o'clock without much trouble (g43, g19, and full size 1911)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Ankle Rig? Galco ankle glove is what I use
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I've dropped 30# since I made this post. The speed paddle holster is working decently. With a different belt and a little more fat going away, I think I'll be set. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Fellow fat man here.  

For any DA revolvers, my most comfortable method of carry is in my waistband either 11 or 1 o'clock. No holster. Just tucked in Mexican style.

I use a clip draw to keep it from sliding down my pant leg.   I'm pretty active outdoors and it stays put. Comfortable as well.

Have carried 4in K, N, and a 2.5 in X frame as well as the Jframe I have now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#10]
M-tac
5'10” range from 270 to 290  it works for me fucked and untucked.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
M-tac
5'10” range from 270 to 290 it works for me fucked and untucked.
View Quote

This just sounds uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
M-tac
5'10” range from 270 to 290 it works for me fucked and untucked.

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Pocket carry the smallest mouse gun you can find.

Fat guy with a tiny pistol; classic comedic pairing. Win/win

I have the same problem. Everything prints worse when you're fat and I can't afford an entire new wardrobe. Time to start - oh I don't know - not eating so much crap and introducing moderate exercise back into my life.

Just got a JM Custom IWB3 for my G26 off the EE. I typically carry appendix position.

I guess there is always ankle carry.

ETA: should have read entire thread. Congrats on the weight loss! Feels good doesn't it? Keep it up!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]
https://urbancarryholsters.com

May be viable due to the way it hangs
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I wear shorts with a belt.  I use a Galco IWB holster they make that looks like the Crossbreed with leather back and Kydex.  I either appendix carry or slightly further back on the right.  I can carry from a snubbie revolver to a full sized 1911 with a t-shirt over the top.  I can carry all day, even driving, and it is very comfortable.

If your circumstances require, you should choose a longer Deluth Trading T-shirt or Golf shirt to cover your butt crack.  

There is also a tactical poncho thread in the archives you should visit.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:50:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Have we considered losing weight before gear selection??? I was over 350 lbs at my "fattest"...years ago. Dropped down to 216 to enlist in the Army, came out of basic at 196. Now, over a decade later and long ETS'd, I have settled into the new phenomenon regaled as "Dad bod". Usually carry a G19 or VP9 daily, comfortably enough that I have taken many a nap and played with my kids while armed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have we considered losing weight before gear selection??? I was over 350 lbs at my "fattest"...years ago. Dropped down to 216 to enlist in the Army, came out of basic at 196. Now, over a decade later and long ETS'd, I have settled into the new phenomenon regaled as "Dad bod". Usually carry a G19 or VP9 daily, comfortably enough that I have taken many a nap and played with my kids while armed.
View Quote
Considering my health issues, losing a lot is not something on a timetable. Down almost 40# since November due to med changes, but might get reversed. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
www.blackarchholsters.com

3/4 o Clock Position
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top