Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2016 3:23:59 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a nice OWB holster.  I've narrowed it down to Raven and Bravo and just looking for some opinions of both.  I've heard great things about Raven, and just haven't heard much on Bravo in general.  Bravo is a little bit cheaper, but I know sometimes certain brands are worth the extra money.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in the market for a nice OWB holster.  I've narrowed it down to Raven and Bravo and just looking for some opinions of both.  I've heard great things about Raven, and just haven't heard much on Bravo in general.  Bravo is a little bit cheaper, but I know sometimes certain brands are worth the extra money.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
View Quote

Raven does great work. So does Bravo.

Honestly there is no real difference aside from brand name. They use similar materials and techniques.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience with Bravo has led me to never deal with them again. First time, ordered a holster for my Shield, got a holster for an M&P9c. They replaced it, but the replacement time was as long as a new order. I would think a fuck up like that would bump my holster to top of list.

Second, was the mag carrier for my Shield mag, carrier I first received was right mold, but so loose, all I had to do was hold it upside down, and mag was lost. Zero retention. They replaced that also, again, took as long to get the replacement as it did my original order.

I have no experience with Raven, but for the price they command, I'm not going with the big names anymore.

IBX Tactical is who I get the vast majority of my kydex from now. When I got my TLR6 for my Shield, he didn't have the mold, so I sent my light to him, knowing that based on past products, he was going to deliver. He did indeed, I have yet to have a bad product from him, and even though he's not a frequent poster, he is an Arfcommer, so I'll stick with giving a fellow Arfcommer my money. Especially with a proven track record of delivering great products first time.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
He makes a very good point. There are plenty of good kydex holster makers out there and even on this site.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have accrued 6 Raven holsters, plus numerous magazine pouches over about 6 or 7 years. I obviously dig what they do. They make an excellent product, for a fair price, and even offer custom work.
I screwed up and ordered the wrong magazine pouch (my fault, didn't catch it until it showed up), and the process to get it swapped out was a piece of cake and they were a pleasure to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Raven Concealment is GTG.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Have one Raven. It's perfect.  Tried a bravo and it had no retention. I emailed them and they told me to heat it up and re mold  around the trigger guard. It worked out fine but I can imagine some guys could really mess up a holster that way.  I'm surprised they didn't offer to fix it themselves versus having me do it.
     But my favorite is Comptac holsters! I use them for competition and for carry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one from black rhino concealment last monday, its scheduled for delivery on monday. I have never used one yet, but the one week lead time was nice.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Raven.  Bracuse they make a super high quality product, and Chappy is a super high quality individual.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Raven is awesome.  Only drawback imho is waiting for custom stuff.  like 12 or more weeks of waiting.  but its worth it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget price difference Bravo is cheaper.
Side by side quality of Raven and Bravo is the same.

Top Raven / bottom Bravo Concealment
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the input, I decided on the Raven and put in an order this week.  Looking forward to it getting here!
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I have both, personally would recommend Bravo.  I've bought and sold 2 ravens.  A G19, a G17.  The 17 was my last Raven purchase.  The holster scratched the side of my pistol up extremely badly.  Holster wear is awesome and all, but just something scratching up the very end of the gun, really pissed me off.  

Yes, they are more expensive, but I have yet to realize what the extra money paid is getting me.  I've owned a number of bravos that have all held up very well.  The M&P's I've owned have all rode in Bravo holsters.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

x87
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Nvm I see a decision has been made.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top