Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2016 12:09:50 AM EDT
I am looking for a good leg holster for the M9. I usually hate them because I can not run in them comfortably, even when I am OOD and simply walking around it moves but my vest has to much stuff on it to put it on and lastly a belt holster doesn't go well with the plate carrier. Any suggestions on a really solid rig set up?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You could maybe split the difference and use a Blade Tech drop and offset with a Tek Lok. It's a solid setup, but I'm not sure if it would get the holster far enough down to be comfortable with a plate carrier.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
A safariland with a UBL
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
a Safariland 6004 (or modern version).

Here's the big tip, ditch the top leg strap.  Bring the holster high enough to just clear your gear, the bottom strap should be upper thigh level.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you give me an example of that? A picture of something? I am not to knowledgeable when it comes to gear.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Something like this.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Safariland 6000 does just fine.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you give me an example of that? A picture of something? I am not to knowledgeable when it comes to gear.
View Quote

Sal and Bcau got that covered very well.  

What you'll also notice, is that you can run, and the holster will stay put, not dance around your leg.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a safariland 3280 with a UBL that has a 2 inch drop. Clears my body armor just fine
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 Safariland

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Yup
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome thanks guys. I am assuming this is similar to what you guys have?

https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holster-systems/mounting-systems/leg-shrouds-and-accessories/single-strap-leg-shroud-with-drop-flex-adapter-dfa-1134057.html?gclid=CMCZ0Macxc8CFccehgodGQ4FCw

And again running is good to go and it will clear body armor?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes and yes.

I would also suggest running a good belt, like the USGI pistol belt etc.  You can stick spare mag pouches on the opposite side, getting them off your vest.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome thanks guys. I am assuming this is similar to what you guys have?

https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holster-systems/mounting-systems/leg-shrouds-and-accessories/single-strap-leg-shroud-with-drop-flex-adapter-dfa-1134057.html?gclid=CMCZ0Macxc8CFccehgodGQ4FCw

View Quote

I just bought a regular leg rig and took the top strap off. That looks good too, though.

Yes it clears armor and is GTG for running IF YOU WEAR IT CORRECTLY.

You need to pull it up as high as you can on your leg, so that the bottom strap is basically between your nutsack and your leg.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#14]
A couple questions

Whats your MOS?

Which belt are you wearing? The MCMAP belts suck for holsters. At least the ones we had 10 years ago. Get a stiff riggers belt in whatever color you rate. If its going on a seperate pistol belt nevermind. Ive sliced and diced the molle belt to run the strap over the plastic stiffener and it works really well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm just an 04. I run convoys. Nothing to extreme. We are not allowed riggers belts but I do have a solid Velcro belt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm just an 04. I run convoys. Nothing to extreme. We are not allowed riggers belts but I do have a solid Velcro belt.
View Quote

If you are running convoys, sitting in a vehicle, I'd steer clear of a thigh or drop holster. There isn't much leg room in vehicles, and a thigh holster makes it even worse. Plan on putting the M9 in a vest mounted holster. Something that will keep off your belt and leg that will give you comfort and mobility when operating in a vehicle. In a pinch, you can use an M4 pouch as a holster.

I'm a cav scout and spend 50/50 between mounted and dismounted. I have a Safariland 7Ts with a g-code adapter. I run a duty belt mount with 2 in drop and a vest mount. I can move the entire holster from my chest to my belt holster depending on my activity.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of that would you?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of that would you?
View Quote

Looks like a serpa will work

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I would rather use a tanker than a serpa
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#20]

I have this system but I moved the holster to a 2" safariland drop on my duty belt clears body armor doesn't give me any grief when I'm sitting
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#21]
If you get a leg holster, generally they have two straps to hold it in place. Remove the top strap and make it ride high so it is essentially a low hip holster.

Edit: A couple of the pictures posted show what I be talking about. If you have a holster low on your leg it will flop around and you will look and feel like an idiot if you ever have to move quickly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
a Safariland 6004 (or modern version).

Here's the big tip, ditch the top leg strap.  Bring the holster high enough to just clear your gear, the bottom strap should be upper thigh level.
View Quote

This exactly. I sold these when they first came out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks all I appreciate all the help.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#24]
What did you end up deciding on?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top