Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 10:30:51 PM EDT
Anyone use the frank proctor y notch sights?  I ran across them and the intrigued me.  I am thinking about them for my Glock 34.

Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Good friend of mine has them on a Gen 4 17. He raves about them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
They're stupid fast. Great for USPSA or IDPA matches.

Not as accurate due to the wider blade top on the rear sights.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 sets of them and will not buy anything else from now on. I disagree that they are less accurate. They are much more accurate than the Warren Sevigny sights I used before that have a narrow front sight and wide rear notch. I have shot steel silhouettes out to 150 yards with them, and I have never found the sights to be the limiting factor when trying to make difficult shots.  The Y notch also helps when you're shooting fast and furious on close, open targets.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the science behind these?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 3 sets of them and will not buy anything else from now on. I disagree that they are less accurate. They are much more accurate than the Warren Sevigny sights I used before that have a narrow front sight and wide rear notch. I have shot steel silhouettes out to 150 yards with them, and I have never found the sights to be the limiting factor when trying to make difficult shots.  The Y notch also helps when you're shooting fast and furious on close, open targets.
View Quote

150??
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

150??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

150??

Yes. On a Glock 34. I didn't hit it every time by any means, but it's doable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Y-shaped rear notch.

With the top being wider it's theoretically faster.

For more precise aiming you focus on the equal height/equal light of the narrower low section of the Y.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Y-shaped rear notch.

For more precise aiming you focus on the equal height/equal light of the narrower low section of the Y.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y-shaped rear notch.

So ive been looking at these, and wondering where does the fiber optic of the front sight end up? Does is sit in the notch of the "Y" or does it sit in the lower square portion?

I think I would find myself pushing the FO down into the square notch and pulling shots low.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]
It uses traditional sight alignment so you align the tops of the front FO and the tops of the rear.
You do not push it down into the notch.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, I'll probably pick up a set soon to try out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It uses traditional sight alignment so you align the tops of the front FO and the tops of the rear.
View Quote

Ok, but where does the actual "dot" of the FO end up? Is it floating in the Y portion? Cant find these anywhere local to see in person, and having a hard time visualizing the setup.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ok, but where does the actual "dot" of the FO end up? Is it floating in the Y portion? Cant find these anywhere local to see in person, and having a hard time visualizing the setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it ends up floating somewhere in the Y portion. This looks correct, as the top blade is aligned with equal spacing on left and right:

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, it ends up floating somewhere in the Y portion. This looks correct, as the top blade is aligned with equal spacing on left and right:

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Proctor-Y-Notch-Sights-Glock.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Proctor-Y-Notch-Sights-Glock.jpg

Thanks a lot for the picture, that really helps. Everybody has good reviews of them, I think ill end up grabbing a set to try out on a new G22 I just picked up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the pic and everyone's input as I'm also curious about these sights. But what I still can't figure out is WHY (see what I did there?) These sights are supposedly so much faster than more traditional sights. How does having those little corners cut off increase the speed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top