Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 10:54:42 AM EDT
Looking at the Streamlight TLR-6 light/laser combo for the Glock 42. The review on youtube says they weren't able to zero to the lazer. Any experience with this combo is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a tlr-6 for my wife's glock 27 and like it. I haven't tried zeroing the laser on it because I mainly bought it just to have a weapon mounted light. I did try to lollipop the laser into the sight picture just to see if it would get close. The adjustments are kinda sensitive so I can see why it would be difficult to zero it to the handgun. Oh, and from personal experience, don't get it wet . If you do, you will swear it's possessed. I let it dry out and it went back to working 100%. Good piece of gear for ~$100
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I zeroed the TLR-6 on my 43 for 10 yards without issue. Though, I do not plan to ever use it, I just zeroed it for the sake of it. I only use the flashlight as I have never trained with a laser and simply do not plan on it. I did shoot it once with the laser to see if it held zero and it did.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I zeroed the TLR-6 on my 43 for 10 yards without issue. Though, I do not plan to ever use it, I just zeroed it for the sake of it. I only use the flashlight as I have never trained with a laser and simply do not plan on it. I did shoot it once with the laser to see if it held zero and it did.
View Quote
basically this. I've shot my G43/TRL-6 combo aiming with the laser a couple times to see if it moved since initial sight in, it hasn't so far. I do leave mine set up so the light and laser both come on. However, about the only time I can see me using the laser too aim is if I'm in awkward shooting position and can't use the night sights..

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all for the replies. Think I'm going to go for it for the 42.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You should not be disappointed. It was a solid purchase in my eyes. I would have been happy paying the same price for if it came with just the light aspect. The design of it is also pretty innovative the way they made the light and laser module one piece and just the shells being what is interchangeable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sammich maker recently got a G42/TLR-6/Trijicon HD's for concealed carry (she's taking the class this Saturday). She's put close to 500 rounds down range and loves the set up. She's done dry fire drills around the house from concealment with no problems. It's a great setup.

As to the reviewer not being able to zero the laser, I wonder what distance they were using? Point of aim/point of impact at a set distance? Or laser at an inch or so below impact (parallel sight in)? At the distances one would be shooting the G42 at, I'm wondering if the laser will even need to be sighted in.

On a side note, the Trijicon HD's are worth every penny for her (and my) old eyes ...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one for my Shield, and have no issues with it holding zero. I only got it for the flashlight, so I really only use the laser at the range to check how my hold and trigger pull really is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Agree with the above, I never used the laser on mine but it could be a good training tool to diagnose trigger finger issues if you are consistently pulling shots.

Main purpose for me was to have a weaponlight on my baby Glock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking at getting one of these eventually for my wife's G42. My experience with Streamlight products has been positive. The TLR-6 looks like a good design if a tad bulky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at getting one of these eventually for my wife's G42. My experience with Streamlight products has been positive. The TLR-6 looks like a good design if a tad bulky.
View Quote

I must say, the TLR-6 to me, was the least bulky option that is out there (albeit the options are limited). I carry a 43 with TLR-6 AIWB every day and I do not notice any feeling of additonal bulk with the TLR-6 on as oppose to off. I think you your wife will appreciate the TLR-6 a lot. I know I do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Works well for me on my 43.  Buy with confidence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top