Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
As the title says, looking to spend $250ish, I'm thinking about going with GTL22 or 21, but wanted to see if there were less expensive options that do the job really well.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
TLR2
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll check it out... have you heard/ read anything good about the viridian CL5/ CL5-r ?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll check it out... have you heard/ read anything good about the viridian CL5/ CL5-r ?
View Quote

no, I haven't
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Take heed, OP and stick with a Surefire X400 or a Streamtlight TLR-2. We sold Viridian at the gunshop I worked at and they, quite frankly, are junk. I saw at least 1 in 5 returned as defective in some way. I stopped even suggesting them, especially at their ludicrous price point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Surefire XC1
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Surefire XC1
View Quote

Pricey, but this + Crimson Trace grips?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My first inclination is to say no on the laser.  But if you have to have it id go with an X400 or X400U
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My first inclination is to say no on the laser.  But if you have to have it id go with an X400 or X400U
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
curious what your motivation for the laser is.... I shoot IDPA with some guys who use lasers, it's not a sure thing when it comes to a good hit.  guys will still miss because they jerk the trigger.  My perception is it allows them to think they can get by with slacking their trigger control, sight picture, etc.   And i'll tell you, these guys are pretty good shooters...until they use the laser.  

That alone makes me never want one on a hand gun.

Anyway, to answer your question ---- TLR-2 hands down if you have to have a laser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top