Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2016 2:10:08 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have a Ruger LC9s pistol and am looking for a nice inside the waistband holster. I currently have a pistol wear trump card concealment holster, which will be great during the winter time when I am wearing a sweater and can move the gun up to right hand cross draw at about the rip cage level. It's a nifty piece, will also be good for active wear. However, I am also considering purchasing a typical belt holster for IWB carry. My cousin loves his Alien Gear IWB Cloak tuck 3.0 holster for his. I like it too, it is $54 though, and I was told I'd need the metal lined belt to go with it, which is another $50. Any opinions on nice holsters for this gun? Also, how mandatory is a gun belt? Thanks!

http://www.pistolwear.com/trump-card-concealment-holster/

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
1. $54 is cheap for a holster.

2. A good gun belt makes a huge difference in concealment. Almost as important as the holster. $50 is cheap for a good belt. My favorite is the ARES AEGIS, plus the BELTMAN for when I need to wear leather.

3. For a gun that small, a hybrid type holster is totally unnecessary, IMO. I much prefer the single clip kydex style for an LC9-sized pistol. Disappears under a t-shirt and is super fast on/off compared to an Alien Gear.

I have THIS holster for my Shield and have zero complaints.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a cheap glaco open top single clip (no cant) that I carry AWIB between 12-1:30. I can conceal it with a T shirt.

Got it for around $30 IIRC, and it was more to try AIWB out than anything.  Turns out I like AIWB, and the holster surprisingly worked quite well after I wet molded it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My advice about IWB holsters is always Milt Sparks Summer Special II.  They are pricey and the lead time is long but they are worth it.  Buy once, cry once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top