Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2016 9:54:56 AM EDT
Taking the Fam to the gun show in a bit.

I want a Red Dot for a G19, and need an optic for my Rifle. I'm not familiar with brands and prices, so I would appreciate some input from those far more knowledgeable then myself. Would like to keep the rifle optic under $500.00. If anyone can provide links to suggestions, that would also be great.

I do have a slight astigmatism (read this can be an issue sometimes), and I would like both optics to work well at night.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want a red dot for the rifle, in my opinion, Aimpoint is king. You can get a PRO within that price range. The Trijicon MRO is tempting too, and I'll likely pick up one of those someday.

That said, you may just want to grab a cheap (but good) dot from Primary Arms and see if you like it, and that it works with your astigmatism.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Second vote for the Trijicon MRO, I really like mine. I was always an EOTech guy, largely in part because I didn't like the tiny viewpoint of the Aimpoint micro sights. The MRO is only slightly larger than the Aimpoint micro but has a much better field of view, the glass is clear and the dot is crisp. The price isn't bad on them either, can be had for your budget.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Went to the show. Didn't see any Trijicon, or Vortex red dots, or any Trijicon optics. Guess I'll just order online. Did see a CZ 75 P-01 that I wanted.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, I have astigmatism as well, so I feel your pain.  I run an aimpoint pro and a trijicon rmr.  For the rifle, I keep absolute co-witness and the dot stays sharp.  I could just keep the rear sight flipped up by itself, but my OCD kicks in, so I keep the front sight up too.

I just put the rmr on my m&p pistol.  I went with the 1 moa adjustable because I'm going to see a cluster without my corrective lenses.  The adjustable led makes it easier to handle nighttime blooming as well.  I'm still adjusting to shooting a red dot on a pistol, but I like it.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never seen scopes at gun shows priced under retail. It is nice to be able to handle and look through them though. I did learn from one gun show scope dealer the differences in fakes on a couple of brands. I then saw some fakes at a nearby table that he pointed out. I would not have known the items were bunk before. Gotta be careful with those "Gun Show Leupold's", as he called them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I recommend looking at Primary Arms, Vortex and the Lucid HD7
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
OP....do yourself a favor and watch the EE here for good, used optics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top