Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 5:48:55 PM EDT
I'm running a Glock 19 Gen 4 in a Bravo Concealment RTT (Kydex) holster and I've been really disappointed with what I've tried out so far.

First, I started with a KT-Mech Gun Belt with the plastic buckle and running 1.5" belt loops on my holster. The belt was far below my expectations and I sent it back for a refund. At that point, I decided 1.75" belt width was probably going to help in terms of rigidity, but I needed to look for stronger webbing and nylon reinforcement.

On the rack at my local Sportsman's Warehouse, the 5.11 Instructor Belt feels pretty rigid, but it's made in China and about this time I decided that I'd like to go with a Cobra buckle. So I did a lot of research, read lots of reviews, determined which companies didn't have a 2-3 month backorder and then made my decision from there. I then ordered the Cobra Riggers belt from Elite Survival Systems (approx $80 shipped, Amazon). But just as I feared, that giant ass D-Ring was a bit too much. So I started looking for something equivalent without the D-Ring. I landed on the First Spear Assaulter's Gun Belt (approx $75 shipped, SKD Tac). Today I received it and although it was only about $5 less in cost, it feels like it's about $25 less in terms of quality and rigidity. I have to ask myself "do these belt manufacturers even test their gear with an actual holstered, fully-loaded handgun?" It still feels floppy and limp to me (the belt, I wasn't referring to anything else...). So now I'm out $20+ just in shipping costs (including return shipping) and wondering if I should send the First Spear belt back and try a fourth time.

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. This trial and error process is getting really old. When I unholster my weapon, the belt seems to give too much and the holster wants to move upwards. Side to side, and front to back movement also feels like it's too generous.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlas Volund makes a 1.75" G hook belt, it's a lead order item which takes a little while to make but imho it's worth it.

I've had mine for about 4 years and wear it every day, and it looks almost as god today as when I bought it.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been happy with Tactical Tailor, Wilderness and Ares.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atlas Volund makes a 1.75" G hook belt, it's a lead order item which takes a little while to make but imho it's worth it.

I've had mine for about 4 years and wear it every day, and it looks almost as god today as when I bought it.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/  
View Quote

This

Volund Gearworks is a very stand up company.  I own 4 of their belts and have my eye on 2 more
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
So looking at the Volund Gearworks 1.75" Atlas G-Hook Belt, I'm trying to understand how you would put it on. Do you essentially layer one tail end under the other and then finish it off by hooking the G-Hook to one of the outside loops? In the pictures, is that small section of black material like a keeper? Any velcro on that piece or anywhere else on the belt?

ETA: found some very helpful pics on TOS.

I like that there's no tail running to the right (depending on how you run your belt) to overlap into your holster (right hand carry).
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilderness Tactical Instructor or Frequent Flyer belt, 1.75", 5-stitch model or CSM polymer lined.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So looking at the Volund Gearworks 1.75" Atlas G-Hook Belt, I'm trying to understand how you would put it on. Do you essentially layer one tail end under the other and then finish it off by hooking the G-Hook to one of the outside loops? In the pictures, is that small section of black material like a keeper? Any velcro on that piece or anywhere else on the belt?

I like that there's no tail running to the right (depending on how you run your belt) to overlap into your holster (right hand carry).
View Quote
For RH carry,  the front piece with the loops comes from your right, the hook is on the left piece, the front of the belt with the loops goes under the piece on your left with the hook.  

There is a piece of webbing on the left side which you can put the right hand piece inside, but I've never used it, with the front under a belt loop it is more than secure.

There is a patch of velcro which the band with the G comes back on to be kept secure.

Nothing runs to the right interfering with your holster.

Reading that makes it sound clear as mud, it's easier to use the belt than it is to explain how it works.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For RH carry,  the front piece with the loops comes from your right, the hook is on the left piece, the front of the belt with the loops goes under the piece on your left with the hook.  

There is a piece of webbing on the left side which you can put the right hand piece inside, but I've never used it, with the front under a belt loop it is more than secure.

There is a patch of velcro which the band with the G comes back on to be kept secure.

Reading that makes it sound clear as mud, it's easier to use the belt than it is to explain how it works.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It actually makes sense. And I like that part about nothing runs to the right interfering with the holster. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input here, guys. I ended up ordering the 1.75" Atlas G-Hook from Volund Gearworks in all black. While a little unconventional, I like that there's no noisy buckle, I don't have to remove an end to thread it through my pants and my holster, and there's no tail that wraps around and gets in the way. Price point was lower than the Elite Systems Rigger's Belt and the First Spear AGB. Crossing my fingers that this is the last belt I have to buy. Will post up pics when I get it and report back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top