Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2016 7:21:12 PM EDT
So with all of the BLM nonsense going on I'm starting to think my 380 might not get the job done if I'm caught in the middle of something big.

So I went searching for an IWB holster (only thing I'll use) that could accommodate my Olight Valkyrie.

I came across the urban carry holster and thought it looked stupid until I watched the video on how it worked. Now I'm very interested. Especially at the price point of around $65.

Has anyone used one before?  If so how did it fit and move with your body?  Did you like it?

Linky linky
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting......  I haven't seen that concept before.  I'm surfing the site as well for the same reason you are...  Time to step up my CCW game...  I've been slacking.  I'm afraid its about to hit the fan.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting......  I haven't seen that concept before.  I'm surfing the site as well for the same reason you are...  Time to step up my CCW game...  I've been slacking.  I'm afraid its about to hit the fan.
View Quote

Yup. My 380, I feel, would serve me well in a "normal" situation.

What we've been seeing lately?  Yeah, I want my M&P 9 with mounted light. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that.

Trunk gun would be nice but one I gave a wrangler so there is no security there, and I don't know how an engagement would go down if I was on the scene first fighting bad guys and the cops came. Would they just engage everyone including me not knowing any better?

I just don't know.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Two handed draw.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah
This here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  Kind of like pocket carry but maybe better.   I may get one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought about that but I don't see it as that much different than having to pull a jacket or sweater out if the way before you draw.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
OMG  THE PAGER PAL has been reborn. It has to be his son, just like his dad the video looks like the best thing since sliced bread. Then  you get the piece of crap and figure it's about useless, lol!!!! At least I made 10 bucks when I sold it  lol!!!!  Most of yall probably don't remember the PagerPal, there are probably still videos on Youtube.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OMG  THE PAGER PAL has been reborn. It has to be his son, just like his dad the video looks like the best thing since sliced bread. Then  you get the piece of crap and figure it's about useless, lol!!!! At least I made 10 bucks when I sold it  lol!!!!  Most of yall probably don't remember the PagerPal, there are probably still videos on Youtube.
View Quote
Unfortunately, I have one in a move box somewhere.

Urban carry for me now means a strong side OWB hip holster.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So with all of the BLM nonsense going on I'm starting to think my 380 might not get the job done if I'm caught in the middle of something big.
So I went searching for an IWB holster (only thing I'll use) that could accommodate my Olight Valkyrie.

View Quote

BLM is more about mob scenes so, unless you have a small army or are wearing protective gear to withstand rocks and molotov cocktails, your best option is to leave. In terms of Baton Rouge and Dallas, a handgun would not do much and again, your best option is to seek cover and leave.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Trunk gun would be nice but one I gave a wrangler so there is no security there, and I don't know how an engagement would go down if I was on the scene first fighting bad guys and the cops came. Would they just engage everyone including me not knowing any better?

View Quote

In terms of the cops mistaking me for a bad guy, why would I stay and continue to engage people? If I'm in or near an all out "Waco biker bar shootout" type scene, I'm leaving. One versus many might sound nice in a Walter Mitty fantasy but, there is no way little ole'me with a small handgun is going to come out okay in a scene like that.

An yes, when the cops show up you should follow their instructions.    They don't know who is the aggressor and who is the victim.  If you don't listen and they feel threatened, don't be surprised if they engage you thinking you are the problem.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top