Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2016 11:29:10 PM EDT
I just picked up a Sig P229r and I want a flashlight or flashlight/laser combo.

While I know <$100 lights won't last as long but I'm willing to trade that to get a light on my gun. Basically I want a cheap one until I can afford. TLR-1 or TLR-4.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep an eye on the EE, a lot of good lights pop up. You can get a stream light TLR-1s for $75-85 quite often. It's definitely worth it to wait an additional week, throw an additional $20 at a better light.

Have you considered a handheld light? There's a lot of benefits of it like not needing to point a gun at everything you want to light up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a handheld now. A Streamlight Polytac HD. I was just thinking 2 hands on the gun would be better.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Like Steve said, check the EE. I just picked up a brand new Inforce APL for under $100. Great light even for the retail price (make sure you get the second generation though). I'm not sure if you'll be carrying your Sig, but I keep a handheld light on me at all times in addition to my weapon light.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The TLR-1S goes on sale pretty often.
Think I gave $80 for mine. Personally can't think of a situation with a pistol where I'd need more light.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Just to correct myself, I'm not bashing the TLR-1s at all. I love mine and want to get another. I just meant wait a while longer to save for a nice light like the TLR or surefire instead of a cheaply made $40 light.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The Sig is my nightstand gun and for classes and/or matches. My EDC is a gen 2 Glock 19.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I will never argue that Surefire isn't a better product overall than Streamlight; Surefire is definitely a more refined product. That said, the Streamlight weaponlights represent an excellent value. Very good quality at a very good price point has led to widespread use and acceptance, which in turn leads to lots of holster options.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of Streamlights. I have a Polytac on my HD AR15 SBR, another on my battle belt, a Polytac HL on the nightstand and my EDC pocket light is a ProTac 2L. Any new long gun I will buy that would benefit from a flashlight with get a Polytac. But on my pistol I need something smaller. But the first I was looking at was the TLR models.

I don't have any experience with Surefire or Inforce weapon lights.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
The Fenix PD20 that I have had for going on 7 years still is kicking and I abuse the hell out of it. I have used as something to prop open steel doors on many different occasions for example. I carry it everyday as well. If interested in a handheld they are cost effective.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Olight Valkyrie.  Nuff said.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Olight Valkyrie.  Nuff said.

View Quote
About the same price as a TLR-1 but 100 more lumens?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top