Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2016 9:21:43 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade my pistol with tritium sights.

Perfectly willing to "Buy once, Cry once" but if there is no real gain........  The Meprolight's are significantly less expensive.

Who's had both?

Fc2
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what gun. I prefer trijicon but on a glock you can't beat the glock night sights (mepro) for 57$ installed at glock
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.

Last Christmas I bought myself an XDM in .45 with the 4.5 inch barrel.  Really enjoy it so far just looking for the upgrade.

Fc2
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't incline towards one over the other as long as we're talking about standard 3 dot sights. I've used both and like both. That deal Glock offers, is real good.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
For basic sights the Meprolights are great for the money and offer larger (perceived to be brighter) tritium dots though they're not as crisp as the Trijicons. But for "upgraded" sights the Trijicon HDs are the bees knees.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For basic sights the Meprolights are great for the money and offer larger (perceived to be brighter) tritium dots though they're not as crisp as the Trijicons. But for "upgraded" sights the Trijicon HDs are the bees knees.
View Quote

This is the difference.  Meps seem to be a larger dot but not as sharp, Trijicons are a smaller dot but very sharp and crisp.  Glock factory "appear" to be Meprolight.  I like the regular Trijicons but would like to upgrade to the HD's.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock factory nighte sights are Meprolights. For the price glock charges, its a decent deal

With that said, all my carry guns wear trijicon HD night sights. They are IMHO the best carry/combat sights on the market.

I have tried XS big dots, truglo, truglo tritium and the stupid inverted "V" sights (forget the name but its an open arrow or inverted V.)

The trijicons are faster to line up and give a sharper sight picture than anything else. Not meant for bulls eye target shooting, but will still give you a precise point for shooting at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had both and like the Trijicons for brightness and warranty. I had them on all of my work guns.  After 10 years or when you think you need them you can send your slide back to trijicon and for a reduced fee they will reinstall new lamps in your sights.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Just put a set of Ameriglo sights on a glock. They have Trijicon stamped on them and were $80 cheaper than Trijicon sights! Doubt that would be on there if trijicon did not make them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on what gun. I prefer trijicon but on a glock you can't beat the glock night sights (mepro) for 57$ installed at glock
View Quote

I agree with what you say....except my brand of choice are XS Big Dots.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#11]
TFO's on all my carry guns, yellow rear and green front. These things are great. Most night sights get washed out in bright sunlight. That's where the TFO's make all the difference, I swear there are tiny light bulbs in those tubes. At night they are also good n bright. I have read a page of a book in total darkness with them. Don't listen to the hype about the tubes fall out of them. This was an issue with the very first ones released years ago. When they knew they had an issue they made things right with their customers. It's not rocket science, a very small dab of epoxy and problem solved. I have bought several sets since then and so have some friends and none of us have had any issues at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top