Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2016 11:09:47 PM EDT
Hello all,

I recently picked up a M&P Shield 9mm and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good ankle holster for it.  I've never used ankle holsters before; never wanted to but I started a new job at a place that requires I wear a uniform with a tucked in shirt so I can't really use a "normal" holster.

Any good suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if he makes them for the Shield but I have always used 5 Shot Leather.

I have one for my J-frame and G42.

Best on the market in my opinion
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Galco Ankle Glove is always the right answer . . .
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I would respectfully disagree...

I've used the Galco and like it but it is terrible for vigorous activity.

I modified mine with an extra velcro strap insure it didn't come off if I had to run.

A guy on my Dept lost a SW 640 on a dog track holster and all... Use caution
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my Desantis Die Hard.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is relevant to my interests......

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll take a look at them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Alessi
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The wilderness ( formerly renegade)  cozy partner   Very secure , and hands down.most comfy ankle rig I've ever worn
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1, and add the ankle strap for extra support. Great ankle holster.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a fobus to ankle carry my shield.   Took a little getting used to the extra weight on one leg,  but  now I forget it's there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Been using mine daily since 2009, for a glock 27 though. Great holster and its getting worn out to the point I need to replace it. The neoprene is getting stretched out and the velcro is pretty worn. The leather is as good as the day I bought it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tried the desantis and another small shop makers, and neither was as comfortable as the ankle glove

I am on my second (went from 640 to a glock 26/27) galco in 10 years. Never had any issue.

Another option you may conside is a belly band. Worn low with the grip around your belt line and your shirt tucked in, even a sig 229 dissapears. I carried this way while in plain clothes details for years and its less conspicuous than an untucked shirt.

And an ankle rig is not meant for running through the woods... If someone loses their bug, holster and all, they def didnt have the holster on right. Its not uncomfortable, but you know its there all the time. If it came off you would know it immediately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top