Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:21:40 AM EDT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361003093895?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Anyone try one of these?
What do you think of them?
It does not list the 92A1.  Do you think it would work for one of them?
Does not sound like the 92a1 will work.
But would still like to how what you think of them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Here's my old issued one. Not a big fan of the holster. Little release button needs some texture or what we did was put a small square of the loop part of velcro so our fingers had a tactile sensation of where to press to release. Have had friends tell me they jam up from dirt and grit. Might not be a big deal for range use.

As they are issued, with two thigh straps and very long QD straps, I hate them very much. As you see in my pic, I deleted the QD portions, threaded the remaining straps through the MOLLE, shortened the height of the holster, and got rid of the first thigh straps. Thigh rigs really suck for any movement, the higher and tighter the better. Belt mounted is much better if you are slick or have a low profile carrier and armor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s630.photobucket.com/user/TheHiddenMan/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3131_zpshnorbw4r.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu24/TheHiddenMan/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG3131_zpshnorbw4r.jpg</a>

Here's my old issued one. Not a big fan of the holster. Little release button needs some texture or what we did was put a small square of the loop part of velcro so our fingers had a tactile sensation of where to press to release. Have had friends tell me they jam up from dirt and grit. Might not be a big deal for range use.

As they are issued, with two thigh straps and very long QD straps, I hate them very much. As you see in my pic, I deleted the QD portions, threaded the remaining straps through the MOLLE, shortened the height of the holster, and got rid of the first thigh straps. Thigh rigs really suck for any movement, the higher and tighter the better. Belt mounted is much better if you are slick or have a low profile carrier and armor.
View Quote

Everything about this is so true.

Sherpas are quite possibly the worst holster design on the market. Thigh rigs are awful. It severely restricts your movement and speed.

Stick to Safariland belt mounted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top