Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 2:01:42 AM EDT
I just received a G-Code Incog for my M&P. I didn't realize that the M&P holster automatically came with a gap for the manual safety model. I  was wondering if anybody has used the hair dryer method to soften and remove that bump? I have used it to loosen an overly tight kydex holster in the past. I have no major issues with the holster, and will leave the safety gap if it seems like the holster would be damaged. It isn't unbearably uncomfortable, but I don't want moisture dripping down into my holster if I can help it. I realize this would void any warranty on the holster,  buy I'm not worried as my previous Incog has shown no real signs of wear after several years.

I have no quality issues with the holster, I'm just wondering if anybody has adjusted an Incog on their own without causing more issues.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks like it would be uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I may be wrong about this, but I don't believe the G Code stuff is kydex. I believe I read that it is some sort of injection molded plastic type material, but I may be thinking of some other brand. Its awfully smooth and shiny, which leads me to believe it may be plastic of some kind.

If that is true, I wouldn't use the heat method on it. You can most likely contact G Code and they can tell you for certain whether this would damage the holster or not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like it would be uncomfortable.
View Quote

It definitely isn't what I would call comfortable. Especially when I don't need it for my gun. Unfortunately, I don't see an option to remove that piece when ordering the holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top