Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 4:19:05 PM EDT
this is my current home defense pistol, and I would like to mount a light using the Glock's factory bottom rail.

I was told that the 2 best companies out there for this are Streamlight and Surefire.

can anyone recommend a decent light? and also, where is a good place to pick on for good price

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
this is my current home defense pistol, and I would like to mount a light using the Glock's factory bottom rail.

I was told that the 2 best companies out there for this are Streamlight and Surefire.

can anyone recommend a decent light? and also, where is a good place to pick on for good price

thanks in advance
View Quote

Any of your major internet retailers will have comparable pricing.

Streamlight and Surefire are good to go in whichever model you choose.

Inforce makes a decent light now too.

If you ever carry it the new Surefire XC1 is a cool new option for a compact light.

I personally own 4 Streamlight TLR1s that have years of service on them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefire x300, x400, XC1, pretty much anything Surefire..
Streamlight TLR series.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, thanks guys. I ended up getting a TLR-3 compact series light off ebay for 74$ shipped.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok, thanks guys. I ended up getting a TLR-3 compact series light off ebay for 74$ shipped.
View Quote

I really liked the TLR-3, or wanted to like it, but I wanted something that sat closer to the pistol. Maybe I'm thinking of my M&Pc, but I seem to remember the light sitting further out from the trigger guard than I wanted. Until the XC-1 came out it was the most compact light I trusted in my price range. The offerings from Viridian and Crimson Trace were just too expensive and unknown to me as far as their track record.

TLR-3 is a good light, though. I never subjected mine to abuse, but I think Streamlight has a pretty good warranty.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Streamlight TLR-1s.

Great light, not overpowering to blind yourself while indoors but blinding in you were to shine it in someones face. Also has a nice flood to light up the surrounding area. Strobe feature is nice to have.  I have one on my G17 night stand gun. Paid about $110 from midwayusa.com.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Surefire XC-1 on my G19 for a CC and home defense weapon.  I like that it doesn't flood out everything you try to look at in the darkness and also its really nice that it takes AAA batteries so you are never left in the dark and having to find a specialized battery.  Also it fits the G19 perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top