Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 12:05:37 PM EDT
Looking to pick up OWB holsters for my M&P40C & XD40SC for when I am in DE & have to open carry.

What should I look at? Won't use them much at all so looking for something inexpensive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You are required to open carry?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this
I have had mine for about 10 years. I use it for open carry at work when not in regular uniform and concealed when I'm off
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try this
I have had mine for about 10 years. I use it for open carry at work when not in regular uniform and concealed when I'm off
View Quote

Thanks, but not dropping $80 on anything.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this

If price is you only concern then buy a Serpa and be happy. Or maybe Uncle Mikes or Tagua leather.  

That being said, my open carry rig is a Kramer Horsehide belt scabbard with matching mag carrier.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I use one of these without the thumb-break.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/store/extreme-duty-holsters/sky-high/
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Since money is an issue, why not look at one of these?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#7]

If $80 was too high for me, why would I spend $100+?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]

With concealment in the name, I imagine it won't be easy to open carry. Am I wrong? I don't tuck my shirts in.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not look into a Kydex Pancake style holster? Would run you about $50
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I second the kydex pancake. I just ordered my second and third kydex pancake, they run 48ish from KT-Mech and I'm extremely happy with their holsters. I am in the midst of having them make a daily carry mag/edc flashlight pancake too. Great people.

The nice thing about them is if you have even a t-shirt untucked, they disappear with a smaller carry gun. You can order hooks to convert to iwb carry also.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I second the kydex pancake. I just ordered my second and third kydex pancake, they run 48ish from KT-Mech and I'm extremely happy with their holsters. I am in the midst of having them make a daily carry mag/edc flashlight pancake too. Great people.

The nice thing about them is if you have even a t-shirt untucked, they disappear with a smaller carry gun. You can order hooks to convert to iwb carry also.
View Quote

I don't want it to disappear, though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
It doesn't have to disappear if you do not want it to. Tuck in your shirt, or tuck your shirt tail behind the gun and you're golden. Even a full paddle duty holster (cqc, serpa, safariland) won't necessarily stick out like a sore thumb if your shirt is over it. I conceal carry my glock in a serpa sometimes in the winter, my sweatshirt is enough to conceal it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#16]
For open or outside the waste carry, it would truely be in your best interest to look at the fallowing OWB holster:

Safariland 7377 7TS ALS Concealmant Belt Side Holster. I have one and it is beyond outstanding and with S&H costs under $45 I hope my link worked.

Mine is for my FS 4.25" M&P Pro 9mm and I am so completely satisfied with it I plan on buying one for ALL my other FS semi-autos and selling or boxing all my other OWB holsters I presently own. Have been wearing it almost daily and rests tightly next to my side, so tightly in fact all I need to efectively conceal it is to wear a 3/4 length coat or even a longer flannel shirt and it conceals very well, that is if i wish to wear it concealed. I bought my 7TS ALS for use concealed when I compete in IDPA and also open or concealed when I go hiking, hunting or fishing. Great awesome holster that for the price I just don't see for the perpose it was designed to be used for it can be beat, and damn hard to find it's equal. especially for under $45.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Try Alien Gear, 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Another vote for the safariland 7TS with ALS    I would strongly recommend something within retention for open carry
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this

if you spend $400-$500 on a pistol but cannot spend $80 for a quality holster you have no business open carrying.

Open carry means here take my pistol.... you want something that will allow you a smooth draw and the piece of mind that it will be difficult to fall victim to a gun grab.  
Bottom line  Quality will give you safety and yes it cost more thank a Uncle Mikes .
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I prefer the Galco Fletch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

if you spend $400-$500 on a pistol but cannot spend $80 for a quality holster you have no business open carrying.

Open carry means here take my pistol.... you want something that will allow you a smooth draw and the piece of mind that it will be difficult to fall victim to a gun grab.  
Bottom line  Quality will give you safety and yes it cost more thank a Uncle Mikes .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this

Thanks capt obvious. Didn't say let me buy junk or that I can't afford anything. I do know that you don't have to spend $80 to get a quality holster.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy quality.

Safariland or Raven Concealment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top