Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 9:23:35 PM EDT
Looking to get some opinions on the following sights:

-Ameriglo S&W Pro-Glo Combo Set (or the classic tritium set)

-Trijicon Bright & Tough

-Truglo TFX Pro (or the normal TFX model)

Hoping those who have used any of the above can talk about how visible they are in different situations.  Such as indoor range, outdoors, or in low light.  Also, how have they held up?  Currently I am eyeing the TFX pros, but still looking for more information.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set of Truglo TFX on my PM9 and Trijicon HD's on my Shield.  The TFX are great sights for both day and night, but I find my eyes searching for the front sight a little longer then with the HD's on my Shield..  I also like the U-notch on the HD's.  The new TFX Pro's seem to be a nice upgrade with the orange contrast and now U-notch rear.  I'd consider those or the HD's personally.  I just bought a VP9 and got another set of HD's.  They're my preferred sights!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Truglo TFX on my PPQ and while they are great sights to pick up, what I didn't like is it change my poa/poi because the front sight was large.  I have the ameriglo Spartans on my g19 and they are fantastic and no change in the sight picture.  Heard nothing but good things on the trijicon HD but for the price you lose nothing with the ameriglo's imo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have trijicons on my shield and also about 8 Glocks, love them. Brightness depends on the light conditions your in. Night settings they glow nice and bright and I can pick them up very easily with my eyes. In daylight they are good because they have a white circle around the glowing part with black metal body surrounding them.

They are very rugged and take a fair amount of abuse. I don't beat the shit out of my guns but they do get used often, dropped a few times and bumped into things while carrying.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
All great sights. Just be careful with the Ameriglo. They have so many sights that they sometimes match the wrong front sight to rear sight. What do I mean ? I'm glad you asked. On my G19 I had the pro I dots and a front sight that was too high vs the rear sight height. POI vs POA was always way low and for the longest time thought it was me. I ordered a new front sight from Dawson and bam- POI was right at POA. I found out after a little research this has happened to quite a few people. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I just purchased Trijicon HD orange for my H&K P30sk TFX Pro for my Kahr P45. I like the Trijicon sights better than the TFX. The orange circle on the front sight of the TFX Pro does not stick out like they do on the Trijicons. I would have gone with the HD's on both weapons but they don't make them for the Kahr. That said second place goes to the TFX against the others you mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top