Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 7:02:02 PM EDT
I have carried almost all of my EDC guns iwb in crossbreed super tuck and mini tuck holsters for a couple years now. It's time for my #1 to get a replacement. For a lot of reasons I'm not real keen on buying from crossbreed again, so I was curious to see what you guys thought of the competitors out there, the foxx, hidden hybrid holsters, white hat, etc. I love the dual clip, kydex shell and leather backing design, and comfort wise the crossbreeds hit the sweet spot.

For owb carry I pretty much exclusively use kt-mech holsters (love them) but they are all kydex. I do own an auto and revolver cloak tuck 1 backers with shells for my glock, xdm, and charter snub which I like but aren't quite as nice as the crossbreeds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Foxx hybrid and it does what it's supposed to do pretty well.  

After much trial, error and money spent, I think I've settled on the Comp-Tac MTAC for my hybrid holster needs though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have gone back and forth on the mtac a few times as they do not have a specific model for my XDM, but your glowing recommendation is the push I need to give them a try. I thank you sir.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple from Foxx, no issues, had them for several years now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have Foxx hybrid and it does what it's supposed to do pretty well.  

After much trial, error and money spent, I think I've settled on the Comp-Tac MTAC for my hybrid holster needs though.
View Quote

Same here.  I get an MTAC for every pistol now and call it a day.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I switched from a SuperTuck to an Alien Gear 3.0 and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm torn between the mtac and the Foxx. I have bought mag holders from Foxx and I have been thrilled with them. I guess one of each is in order.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I settled on a foxx. I'll post when it comes in to see how it stacks up to the cloak tuck 1.0 and crossbreed super tuck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If you like a leather backer, give SHTF Gear a try. If i was going to buy a two-clip hybrid made from leather that was not a CrossBreed, SHTF would be the first place I looked.

I also have a single-clip hybrid from Celtic Holsters. It is well-made, amazingly comfortable and very pleasing to look at. I'd try one of their two-clips in a heartbeat based on my experience with my holster.

If you don't mind a backing made of something other than leather, then you absolutely must try the Stealth Gear Onyx. Best damn holster ever ..... breathable, no sweat, super-comfortable and supremely stable, the retention is excellent, as well. This is the holster that made me sell off my beloved CrossBreeds.

My G19 in its Stealth Gear Onyx along with my G43 in its Wee Celtic Holster:

My G43 in its Stealth Gear Onyx:

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't always carry IWB, but when I do, I prefer the Mtac.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm another very happy customer using my Foxx holsters for years now. No complaints but I am also considering a Stealth holster as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't always carry IWB, but when I do, I prefer the Mtac.
View Quote
Well said. Sounds familiar for some reason. Stay thirsty my fellow shooter.
I like my Alien Gear 2 or 3 for IWB. I tried AIWB, too much gut for any holster to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:15:19 AM EDT
[#12]
The first holster came in, it was a Foxx iwb for my Beretta 92fs. Needed a little love, but it took 2 minutes and so far I'm super happy with it. Built every bit as nice as my crossbreeds but a little more than half the cost. I dig. It sits much nicer than my alien gear cloak tuck 1 (not that it was bad) and infinitely nicer than straight kydex. Now I just need to grab an MTAC, but this week I'm going to need to restock ammo.

Bravo, Foxx. Bravo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you like a leather backer, give SHTF Gear a try. If i was going to buy a two-clip hybrid made from leather that was not a CrossBreed, SHTF would be the first place I looked.

I also have a single-clip hybrid from Celtic Holsters. It is well-made, amazingly comfortable and very pleasing to look at. I'd try one of their two-clips in a heartbeat based on my experience with my holster.

If you don't mind a backing made of something other than leather, then you absolutely must try the Stealth Gear Onyx. Best damn holster ever ..... breathable, no sweat, super-comfortable and supremely stable, the retention is excellent, as well. This is the holster that made me sell off my beloved CrossBreeds.

My G19 in its Stealth Gear Onyx along with my G43 in its Wee Celtic Holster:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMAG003711.jpg
View Quote

I just stumbled across this thread and the Stealth Onyx is just what I have been looking for.
I just ordered  one and I am sure I wont be disappointed
Thanks for the info !!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#14]
You Know It's funny, I got the first Foxx in for my Beretta and I love it... my second came in for my xdm compact and this one is natural cowhide instead of black, the leather seems.... floppy I guess is the best work. Limp. It's comfortable but it can be a PITA to put on. Someone on another forum just posted something really nice about the Onyx, and I have been salivating over them since.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I switched from a SuperTuck to an Alien Gear 3.0 and haven't looked back.
View Quote

Similar story except then i found the MTAC and it has replaced both of the above mentioned. For some reason it is much easier to conceal medium sized guns like my G19/G30S
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have carried almost all of my EDC guns iwb in crossbreed super tuck and mini tuck holsters for a couple years now. It's time for my #1 to get a replacement. For a lot of reasons I'm not real keen on buying from crossbreed again, so I was curious to see what you guys thought of the competitors out there, the foxx, hidden hybrid holsters, white hat, etc. I love the dual clip, kydex shell and leather backing design, and comfort wise the crossbreeds hit the sweet spot.

For owb carry I pretty much exclusively use kt-mech holsters (love them) but they are all kydex. I do own an auto and revolver cloak tuck 1 backers with shells for my glock, xdm, and charter snub which I like but aren't quite as nice as the crossbreeds.
View Quote

So you like Crossbreed's design and comfort, why not get another Crossbreed if it works well for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top