Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 1:10:32 PM EDT
I've read tons of recommendations for the wilderness instructor. Anyone tried the Stormrider Warlord? It's what the Trex arms guy runs and I like the look.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Wilderness with titanium buckle.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it comes down to whether you want a buckle or not for appendix carry. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the Wilderness with titanium buckle.
View Quote

I don't see the titanium buckle on their belts page. Just original, frequent flyer, money, and easy-fit. Don't see a titanium selection on the original's order page.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the Wilderness Frequent Flyer model.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Ares Gear, Snake Eater Tactical, 215 Gear, Milt Sparks, Comp-Tac, Andrews Leather, HSGI, TYR Tactical
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a minimalist and prefer minimalist gear with maximum utility. I have been using the Spec-Ops better BDU belt for daily use for the last 8-10 years and its never failed me but am looking at a few different options for daily wear and also for when I'm carrying as ive got a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket from uncle sugar.

How are the Alien Gear belts? They seem to be a bit more "fashion forward" and closer to what most wear for a daily dress belt. I'm also interested in the Wilderness Frequent Flyer in the 1.5" variety; are they good to go as is or is it worth the additional few bucks for the upgraded stitching?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you guys rotate the instructor belt to move the buckle when carrying appendix?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you guys rotate the instructor belt to move the buckle when carrying appendix?
View Quote

Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a ares ranger belt and when I carry appendix, yes I rotate the buckle over to about 10-11 o'clock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not get a belt without a buckle for appendix carry? Is there an advantage to having the buckle and rotate it out of the way?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I use an Ares Aegis belt, before that I had a wilderness with a titanium buckle and the overlap on the folded back end with the velcrow was a huge pita and if you reverse it a worse pita. The ares belt is orders of magnitude better but dosn't look as kool.
Ares belt is at least twice as stiff.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not get a belt without a buckle for appendix carry? Is there an advantage to having the buckle and rotate it out of the way?
View Quote

Most of us already have belts with cobra buckles so we just adapt and modify our gear to work with us. There isn't any advantage really to moving the buckle position other than to get it out of the way for an appendix holster/clip. Lots of mechanics are used to putting their belts buckles off to the side also. Good mechanics do this so they don't scratch up a car while they are leaning over it working on stuff

If appendix carry is going to be your primary method of carrying then it might be worth it to consider buying a belt that had a low profile buckle or whatever.

ETA- I literally just replaced my Wilderness belt after appx 10 years of almost daily us. I just received a Snake Eater Tactical belt a few days ago and I'm loving it. It's just as good as the wilderness, maybe even better. My Wildneness is the Frequent Flyer so it's a little different than most normal EDC belts. My current Snake Eater belt is more of a traditional EDC belt with a cobra buckle. I'm loving the cobra so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top