Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2016 10:33:40 PM EDT
Mount

Searched with no joy. Thoughts? I'm interested since its zero machining required reducing cost overall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly the people I've talked to loved it. I just bought one and it's on the way now. I got the Trijicon RM02 to go on it and should have it set up by the weekend
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Love mine. Do you have any specific questions about the setup?

Its a really solid setup, and I like it a lot.....and I have milled Unity Tactical ATOM slides, and a G17 MOS to compare it to, and I still like the Dueck Defense RBU better.

2016-02-03_04-50-57 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

2016-01-14_08-50-28 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Very interesting. What's the downside of using the DD mount, vs. milling the slide? From this vantage point it seems easier, cheaper, and just as functional.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting. What's the downside of using the DD mount, vs. milling the slide? From this vantage point it seems easier, cheaper, and just as functional.

View Quote

The only downside is that compared to my Unity Tactical or Glock MOS setups, the optic sits higher. It's not really that big a deal, but if you have multiple pistol RDS setups, it takes a little getting used to going back and forth between a milled slide and the RBU.

Practically Tactical on YouTube has a good video on the RBU, and they did a torture test video of it as well, which should be releasing soon; I think their videos got sidetracked by SHOT show.

.......and as for the BUIS on this setup - I'm hitting man-sized steel at 25-30 yards with just the BUIS. The short sight radius isn't a problem at all.

I think the coolest thing about the RBU, is that you can add an RMR with BUIS to ANY Glock, for about $130 and 5 minutes of work.

I plan on getting a Glock 21 Gen 4 and adding a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro to it, when Dueck Defense releases the DeltaPoint RBU mount.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its a really solid setup, and I like it a lot.....and I have milled Unity Tactical ATOM slides, and a G17 MOS to compare it to, and I still like the Dueck Defense RBU better.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DB974y" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/24682859062_3e311346f0_b.jpg</a>2016-02-03_04-50-57 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Ccwd36" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1535/23759218953_441a2efd0c_b.jpg</a>2016-01-14_08-50-28 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

I was going to shoot you a message Airborne. After the last time we spoke in the thread about RMR's- I decided to bite the bullet and get the Dueck mount and the Trijicon RM02. They should be here tonight and I'll have it finally set up - What type of mag well do you have installed on your pistols ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was going to shoot you a message Airborne. After the last time we spoke in the thread about RMR's- I decided to bite the bullet and get the Dueck mount and the Trijicon RM02. They should be here tonight and I'll have it finally set up - What type of mag well do you have installed on your pistols ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DB974y" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/24682859062_3e311346f0_b.jpg</a>2016-02-03_04-50-57 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Ccwd36" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1535/23759218953_441a2efd0c_b.jpg</a>2016-01-14_08-50-28 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

I'm using the VTAC/Salient mag well. It seems to have the biggest opening, yet smallest profile. I had the Zev Pro mag well and ended up selling it and getting another SAI.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
How does it install? Any special tools?

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like a regular sight would using a punch & drifting the mount in. Then 2 locking screws into the dovetail to secure the mount.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Like a regular sight would using a punch & drifting the mount in. Then 2 locking screws into the dovetail to secure the mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. My smith installed mine in about 5 min using that method.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Good info thank you I am looking at this for my 19
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I got mine set up tonight and all I have to say is why did I wait so long ? With my weapon presentation I was picking up the dot with no issues. I will get it zeroed tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got mine set up tonight and all I have to say is why did I wait so long ? With my weapon presentation I was picking up the dot with no issues. I will get it zeroed tomorrow.
View Quote

We need pics!

The RBU really is awesome. Very glad I decided to try it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We need pics!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need pics!

Sorry my pic was taken in haste. I'll try and get some better ones soon but here it is

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!

For those wondering,  a shot of the BUIS on the RBU mount-

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for posting your pics and thoughts.  Definitely on the short list now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for the pics this is also on my short list
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I got my dot zeroed in last night and shot 200 rounds with it. All I can say is wow. I was a good shooter before the dot and this has definitely taken my shooting to the next level. Everyone at the range was coming over to see what I was shooting. 25 yard head shots came easy and grouping at 10 yards was incredible. I ran my pistol as fast as I could and never lost the dot- and I held a group doing it. I don't understand  the " I can't find the dot " ?  I was able to find it right away when I first mounted the dot on my pistol. Thanks for the push Airborne !!!!!! I wish I would have done it long ago. Now I'm thinking I will need to set up my G17 as well

Oh yeah- Hats off to Mr. Dueck for making a great mount for the Trijicon RMR. I can't wait until he gets the mounts out for other sights on the market.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got my dot zeroed in last night and shot 200 rounds with it. All I can say is wow. I was a good shooter before the dot and this has definitely taken my shooting to the next level. Everyone at the range was coming over to see what I was shooting. 25 yard head shots came easy and grouping at 10 yards was incredible. I ran my pistol as fast as I could and never lost the dot- and I held a group doing it. I don't understand  the " I can't find the dot " ?  I was able to find it right away when I first mounted the dot on my pistol. Thanks for the push Airborne !!!!!! I wish I would have done it long ago. Now I'm thinking I will need to set up my G17 as well

Oh yeah- Hats off to Mr. Dueck for making a great mount for the Trijicon RMR. I can't wait until he gets the mounts out for other sights on the market.
View Quote

Glad you like it. The RBU mount really is a sweet setup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have several G17s I want to RMR.  I'm just about sold on going this route instead of milling or buying new slides.  I bought Safariland 6354DO holsters for my G17s that have a hood for the red dot.  I plan to run RMRs and I know the hood on the holster will clear a RMR mounted on a milled slide.  If someone has a 6354DO holster and a RMR mounted on a RBU mount, can you please verify for me that the combination will work together?  There is an image on the DD website of a Glock with a RBU and RMR mounted sitting next to one of these holsters, but I don't know if that was just a prop for the photo or if it will actually work.  The holsters are expensive, so I'm already committed to whatever works for the holster.  I'm just hoping this combination will work.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have several G17s I want to RMR.  I'm just about sold on going this route instead of milling or buying new slides.  I bought Safariland 6354DO holsters for my G17s that have a hood for the red dot.  I plan to run RMRs and I know the hood on the holster will clear a RMR mounted on a milled slide.  If someone has a 6354DO holster and a RMR mounted on a RBU mount, can you please verify for me that the combination will work together?  There is an image on the DD website of a Glock with a RBU and RMR mounted sitting next to one of these holsters, but I don't know if that was just a prop for the photo or if it will actually work.  The holsters are expensive, so I'm already committed to whatever works for the holster.  I'm just hoping this combination will work.  Thanks.
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Nevermind

Wes
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Too bad that this is for Glocks only. Nice concept for those of you who do.

As a primarily a Sig owned, I don't see me buying a Glock anytime soon.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Went out and shot again yesterday. Ran a lot of drills including the Bill Drill and I was super fast ( I need to invest in a shot timer ) What a sweet set up. 100 yard shots on steel and all that was heard was a bang and then DING !!!!!! 100 yards with a Glock 19 . Gotta love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top